Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Regrettably, far too many images hosted off-site end up disappearing,
If people delete the images in their hosting sites, then the photos won't show. That's why I have a Pro account with Flickr, so I have lots of space to keep my photos and not have to delete them in order to show them.

07-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't like using attachment options because PF resizes them if they are over a certain size.
07-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
hI tried to go to the Postimg site a few more times, and still it wouldn't open. Then I searched for it on Yahoo (I had earlier done this on Google and the links to Postimg I found there didn't work either), and the link to its login page DID work!

I went to the site, and wondered whether I might have tried it before, perhaps a few years ago, so I attempted to login, and when that failed, I used the reset password procedure. It turns out I did already have an account, but hadn't uploaded anything. Possibly I tried out the service, but had trouble uploading at that time.

Here is the same image as before. Some of the urls Postimg offers don't work properly with this forum's image inserter button and field. The direct image url does:

PF reduces it to its maximum size, which is actually bigger than the normal image size stored by Picturetrail, the service I have been using.

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 07-13-2016 at 02:12 PM.