Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2016, 02:55 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
I've only three D-Li90s (1 OEM, 2 aftermarket) so don;t have much trouble keeping track. I do have trouble with the rechargeable AAs. I have plastic cases that hold 4 AAs each and have them labeled "Charged" and "Not Charged".
I also have the plastic cases. I used permanent marker to color one end red and the other green. Then I put the batteries in the case with the positive end pointing to green for charged and red for used.

08-01-2016, 06:27 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the rubber band system - simple and effective. I carry three batteries and in whichever camera bag I'm using I keep the charged batteries in one of the pockets (most camera bags have more of these than I can invent ways to use them), and dump the used ones in the bottom of the bag. The latter are generally recharged that evening then go back into the pocket.
08-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joebarfly Quote
I also have the plastic cases. I used permanent marker to color one end red and the other green. Then I put the batteries in the case with the positive end pointing to green for charged and red for used.
I like it!
08-01-2016, 06:56 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have 7 or 8 batteries. I have some belt mount Lens Coat battery pouches, Spent batteries I insert contacts up. Charged batteries go in contacts down.

08-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I use Eneloop AAs, I have a small bag that fits 4 side by side, + up is charged, + down is uncharged.
08-13-2016, 06:17 AM   #21

I number the batteries using a silver Sharpie and then use them in sequence. It's then a matter of remembering to recharge the ones removed from the camera of other equipment.
08-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
UPDATE: I've been using the "rubber band method" since receiving the first replies to this thread, and it's worked a treat
08-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #23
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently saw "soft" battery storage cases that actually show the condition of the batteries; but can't find the link now.

05-23-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm starting to overflow with batteries... I currently have:

Eight D-Li90s for my K-3 (+grip), K-3II (+grip) and K-5
Six D-LI68s for my Q and Q7
Six NP-FM500H's for my Hasselblad HV (+grip)
12 x Eneloop AAs (three cased sets of four) for my Metz flashes (with another set of four coming soon)
Various other compact and film camera batteries

My problem is that I'm dreadful in remembering which batteries are charged and ready to use, which are partly used, and which are empty. I always mix them up in jacket or camera case pockets when I'm out and about, then forget about them until I need them again - at which point I can't remember which ones are good and which aren't.

I'm thinking about putting a little electrician's tape "tag" on each battery once it's charged, then removing it when it has run down, that way I'll know any batteries without a tag aren't usable until recharged. But I was wondering if any of you folks have a system or practice you use to keep track of yours?

I know I'm close to a year late with a reply, but this is what I do.

I bought transparent plastic boxes (5Pcs Plastic Hard Case Holder Storage Box For Canon Nikon Sony Samsung Battery | eBay) on eBay. Printed a double sided paper with one red and one green side. Cut out 3,8 x 5,8 cm pieces. Then put a piece in each box with the appropriate side visible through the lid.
05-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
I know I'm close to a year late with a reply
LOL

Thanks for the idea. I've stuck with my rubber bands thus far and it's generally working well, so long as I remember to actually put the bands on the charged batteries!
05-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I just charge all my batteries before I go out with cameras. Any foolproof method contains built-in failure - us fools are so damned ingenious.
05-31-2017, 02:58 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
With my Canon 70D, my batteries had these little plastic covers for the contact side with a couple of holes in them, one shaped like a battery. I painted a green stripe on the battery using nail polish and put the cover on with the green showing through the battery shaped hole when charged and flip it when I swap batteries. this way I can tel at a glance what's charged and what isn't.

My Pentax Batteris don't have the cover so I'm still trying to figure it out.