Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
lucky to be a photographer

It means that my holiday photos are more than just a collection of a family member looking like a statue in front of some landmark or, worse still, `obstructing the view of some stunning scenery.

08-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only negative to this. My family knows I was once a pro photographer and at every family function I was asked to be the designated photog. I told them, no, I was there to enjoy the time with family just like they were.
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

My Dad was always behind the Pentax and because of it there aren't any photos of him from that time period. Don't forget to get in the shot once in a while too mohb, sometimes being there is more important than the quality of the photo!
08-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes, yes. But in most time, I am jealous to people around me: they don't need to carry a camera in hand, a beer instead. And I have to watch carefully to make sure they won't spill the beer on the camera. when i put the camera down, I always need to check from time to time.
If something happens, I will get a lot of sorry but i need to pay for the repair, and I have to hide the bill

10-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
The only negative to this. My family knows I was once a pro photographer and at every family function I was asked to be the designated photog. I told them, no, I was there to enjoy the time with family just like they were.
Yes, indeed. Every once and a while I make it a point not to bring my camera, just to focus on the moment.
10-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Am I the only one that would rather have a camera in my hand then have to make conversation!

PS.... whilst somewhat limited in the multi skilling area.... I can drink beer and take photographs....and maybe eat*.... but one has to draw the line somewhere..... so conversation is out!

* none of that vegetarian stuff though..... throws my focus out.
10-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Am I the only one that would rather have a camera in my hand then have to make conversation!
Nope. But read below as to why.

At this time I had just came back after being gone for 30 years. I wanted to get to know who was who, for when I left most of my nephews and nieces were still children themselves and now they had children.

But I still had my camera with me like always.

10-04-2016, 05:25 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
And I have to watch carefully to make sure they won't spill the beer on the camera.
You've got a Pentax. If there's a beer spill, rinse the camera under the tap and return to shooting!
10-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You've got a Pentax. If there's a beer spill, rinse the camera under the tap and return to shooting!
Best just to wipe with a damp cloth to be safe, right? :-)

10-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You don't advocate licking the camera clean first?
10-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
I think that would depend on where it was before the beer was spilled.
10-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
You know, I actually considered writing that...

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I think that would depend on where it was before the beer was spilled.
Mostly depends on the type of beer.
10-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
And I have to watch carefully to make sure they won't spill the beer on the camera.
I dumped a cup full of sticky mixed drink onto my K1000 once. Didn't hurt it a bit.