Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Anyone else notice how "All mobile devices" didn't seem to include Samsung, the current crown holder of mobile device cameras? (mainly because of software, but still).

My S7 Edge take phenomenal pictures, but only in the selfie/close quarters scenario. It doesn't come even close to the quality of my K-3 for absolutely everything else. And I'm sure the K-3 would still blow it away in those other areas too... except its too convenient to must quickly whip it out and snap a shot vs carrying around the K-3 + lens.

I think this is a great idea actually... for people who don't already own a good DSLR (or who are too lazy to spend the time to know how to use one). The whole point of cellphones are a replacement to point and shoots. You point, you snap, your done. Even with these extra lenses, you aren't getting the range and customizability you get with a DSLR. Its a good stepping stone though.

IMO.

09-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A 75% discount? They have either sold millions of them and are rolling in money or they have a warehouse full of them that they can't sell.
09-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote

Not only that, anyone receiving Rupert's K1, also will receive Otis' and Mrs. Rupert's wrath!!!
That's a risk I'm willing to take. The squirrel over-exposure problem could have long-term effects, though.....
09-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your K-1 has suffered extensive squirrel exposure. That sort of thing is almost as bad as nuclear radiation. I will pass.
:-) , after long exposures, shadows of squirrels appear in the frame, but you can always activate squirrel frame substation.

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 19:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Will anyone want my K1? Just cruising on the internet and I came across this where ....... "DSLR Camera Makers Are In A Panic!" Since everything on the internet must be true, I am wondering if it will be difficult to get rid of all my Pentax gear and just spent $29 for one of these and get better shots with the phone in my pocket? The shots posted are better than mine....which means there is still hope I can be a Pro with one of these? If I offer my stuff for free and pay shipping.....you think I will get any takers? Lux HD450 Regards!
I'd get your , but since I saw the Lux HD450, mine is also for sale.

09-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
A 75% discount? They have either sold millions of them and are rolling in money or they have a warehouse full of them that they can't sell.
Perhaps both - they may have a warehouse full of the second production run that they're eager to empty so they can fill it with the cash they made from the first production run so they can swim around in it like Scrooge McDuck. But with more fisheye selfies than McDuck ever managed.
09-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I'd take it off your hands Rupert but I've heard these "proper" cameras are really difficult to take selfies with, which is the only reason a "normal" person would need a camera
09-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That sort of thing is almost as bad as nuclear radiation. I will pass.
If you own and love any thoriated Takumars, you are being a hypocrite - you realise that, don't you?

I will take his squirrelled K-1 and put a thoriated Takumar on it, and OHMYGODWHATISTHATTHING.... *piteous scream*

09-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I want the 20-pack so I carry carry several at a time.

Last edited by SpecialK; 09-02-2016 at 02:19 PM.
09-02-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Did anybody else notice?

When you buy these lenses, you also get instant HDR post processing.
09-02-2016, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Did anybody else notice?

Not even that. Florida Everglades suddenly look like Kamchatka. (see the photo in first link by Galyna Andrushko)
It's magic!
09-02-2016, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #26
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Did anybody else notice?

Yep, Zeiss has a *lot* of catching up to do...
09-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #27
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
I guess I will have to stick with my K1.....Mama Squirrel just informed me she had rather I use the $29 to buy more roasted peanuts than to take great pictures.....

I wonder if she has ever considered dieting...those belly rolls are worse than mine!

Sure, it's not a smart phone, but it will have to do for now.

Regards!
09-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I'm just going to leave this here

ZEISS is Jumping Into the World of Smartphone Lens Accessories
09-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #29
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Oh, for the love of.... Please, no... not Zeiss?!?
09-02-2016, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is funny to me. If you shoot at web sizes, like over saturated, over sharpened photos, then it really doesn't matter what camera you shoot with. In fact, cell phone cameras may be better due to their infinite depth of field. If you have ever taken a cell phone camera that shoots RAW and try to process it, you realize how fragile their images are. Just a little bit of pushing and everything falls apart and looks terrible.