Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #31
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Funny. And the winner is...
That caps it Lana. Rupert is definitely involved. But I'm convinced Otis and his minions are the brains of the whole thing.

11-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #32
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by markkuk Quote
You should read this year's Hugo award winning short story, it will change your thinking about cat pictures on the Internet
That's some pretty heavy stuff.
11-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #33
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Beautifully placed subject and pleasant lighting; great. You could think about hanging this one up. Congrats!! You get a 8.4/10.

Hang it up?

I drank it!
11-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Here's what I get.
He likes owls more than panoramas...

There's just enough blur, I like. Very intriguing pattern. Aesthetically nothing wrong here, but something is missing. You get a 6.3/10. Not bad, but I'm sure you can do better!

Controlled, beautiful blur. Oh my god, love your background. Well placed subject, really nice composition, and the lighting, yass. Overall, this image is really good. 9.1/10 - you deserve it, champ. This wonderful picture earns you the golden ribbon . Congrats! Even better! Well done!

11-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #35
Pentaxian

"Controlled, wonderful blur and very elegant lighting. Mhmm, wow, wow, yes! Yes. <3 Without a doubt a 10.0/10. Epic! This 10/10 earns you the platinum ribbon ! WOW this is a great start! You're a pro right? Impress me more!"

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. Good job on the lighting, well placed subject, and fantastic detail. Wonderful photo <3 Thank you. 9.2/10 - you deserve it, champ. Well done, it seems you're an Enthusiast photographer! I can't wait to see more of your art To reach the Semi-pro level, you must achieve an average score of 7.5 over your 25 best pictures. Time to discover your profile page!

Nice timing. Too much negative space CAN be a bad thing! It's okay, but I want to see more; keep working on your composition and blur! You get a 5.6/10.

Good website to boost your self esteem if all you do is post close up bokeh shots of stuff.
11-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some more...
That last one is really disappointing...

Is this a Georgie O'Keefe? Beautifully placed subject. Really nice composition, pleasant detail, and the lighting, yass. Overall, I'm surprised, this is very good! Congrats!! You get a 9.2/10. Everything is so perfectly framed that you get the framing ribbon ! Taking beautiful flower photos requires a high level of skills, special achievement unlocked! There are 16 more achievements to discover!

You're the blur master and your subject gets a gold star. This image is really good. Without a doubt a 8.1/10. B B B BlurMaster ! You got the blur ribbon !

Somehow you managed to save your subject in all that blur and I love the composition! Overall, you're getting there! Without a doubt a 8.0/10.

What a catch! Intriguing angle and really nice composition. Simple but it's good. You get a 7.4/10. If you enjoy my comments, like my page to follow me!

The timing is nice and your subject gets a gold star. This image is good, but it could be great. I give you a 7.1/10.

What a catch and lovely subject, nicely placed. This image is good, but it could be great. Let's give it a 7.3/10. Well done, it seems you're an Enthusiast photographer! I can't wait to see more of your art To reach the Semi-pro level, you must achieve an average score of 7.5 over your 25 best pictures. Time to discover your profile page!

What a catch! Oh my god, love your background. Creativity at its best, good place for your subject, and clever angle; I like this! Simple but it's good. 7.5/10 - you deserve it, champ.

Blur adds a great touch. Pretty subject, nicely placed and nice timing. Overall, this is a solid image. Congrats!! You get a 7.6/10.

The blur and the subject together, so good. You're getting there! Without a doubt a 8.7/10.

I really like the angle. Nice timing and really nice composition. Overall, a very pleasing image. Without a doubt a 7.7/10.

That lighting is NOT working and it's not super interesting. There are technical mistakes, but it could be worse. Power up your lighting and framing. This is at most 3.5/10.
11-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I came to the same conclusion. Face it this particular AI has the aesthetic sensibilities of a millennial.
I take offense to that
11-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I take offense to that
Yeah, I'm trying not to

But he's probably right in the sense that the A.I. was written and trained by Millennials. At least, that's what I think they are.

This is the team behind the project (from the parent site): Regaind

11-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Laugh now people, but AI is already here and shaping our society. Chat bots are already used across all sectors as chat room operators. Last time I used one for banking I was redirected to a 'human' who during the course of the discussion revealed that the chat room operator was AI. It was good. I reviewed the chat log and still couldn't tell. The diversion to a human was triggered by my request for a moderately complex calculation on a mortgage. In that case I was impressed but it got me thinking that my sense of customer satisfaction has probably contributed in some way to the end of someone's job.

If it hasn't already started website moderators will be fertile ground for the utilisation of AI. In my industry AI is already being employed as a tool for tactical decision making and it's a good thing. Safer, more efficient operation is the outcome we're seeing.

In the not-so-distant future when AI is used moderate photography websites, magazines and newsfeeds, people like us might be pondering (or lamenting) the loss of an art form.

Anyway enough of the sombre tone. It liked my good ones and didn't like my duds. Not bad for a piece of code.
11-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jawsy Quote
Laugh now people, but AI is already here and shaping our society.
Yes, it is. It is and will continue to supplant many jobs held by humans. It may even one day supplant humans. I believe that it is destined to, actually, considering that we're stuck on this planet which will not sustain us forever and our bodies are simply not amenable to long distance space travel, hostile environments, or just living in a sealed tin can called a space ship for entire generations. Our idea of intelligence will continue to live vicariously through the machines. Or, it will cease to exist entirely.

Nobody's laughing. It's just that the A.I. is currently in "toddler" phase, at best, and has some funny moments and growing pains.
11-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #41
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Artful, thoughtful composition, very elegant lighting, and great detail! Really wonderful perspective, and your subject gets a gold star. Overall, pretty good shot! Congrats!! You get a 8.9/10. Hurray for the composition ribbon!

Still not a perfect 10.

Darn.
11-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #42
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jawsy Quote
In the not-so-distant future when AI is used moderate photography websites, . . . . . . . . . . .
Not gonna happen while I'm still around. As long as Adam lets me I'll be here helping n00bs, setting miscreants straight and banning spammers.

AI cannot learn compassion and sympathy. AI cannot learn to view the world the way that we do. There will always be areas where it will fail to fully emulate human thought, personality, social skill.
11-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
AI cannot learn compassion and sympathy. AI cannot learn to view the world the way that we do. There will always be areas where it will fail to fully emulate human thought, personality, social skill.
I know a lot of humans that already fail in those areas. Just saying.
11-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There will always be areas where it will fail to fully emulate human thought, personality, social skill.
Until the AI becomes sentient and self aware....and demands that we send it Cat pictures.

Last edited by Digitalis; 11-19-2016 at 10:26 PM.
11-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #45
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
I know a lot of humans that already fail in those areas. Just saying.
True.

We aren't perfect.

But AI, presumably being perfect, is too perfect to have human traits.

Like spontaneity.