Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2016, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do we have spontaneity, or a predicable surge of chemical alertness, that wakes us out of our usual near comatose state every now and then?

And, people aren't buying enough hats.

11-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Do we have spontaneity, or a predicable surge of chemical alertness, that wakes us out of our usual near comatose state every now and then?

And, people aren't buying enough hats.
Indeed!

It's actually a lot easier to program spontaneity into a computer than expect it in a human being. It's easy to prove people are really bad at being random.
11-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Keegan likes airshow pictures, does not like Bacon! Keegan does not know what he is missing.
It is possible that me shooting with a Pentax kept me at a semi-pro level

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-20-2016 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Darn new keyboard messing me up.
11-20-2016, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Keegan does not know what he is missing.
I found my missing brother

11-20-2016, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I found my missing brother
Lol. You just made me spill my beer. We will try to "save you"... TGIF
11-21-2016, 03:25 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
or a predicable surge of chemical alertness
I have a predictable surge of chemical alertness...it's called my morning coffee.
11-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
I've just discovered keegan.regaind.io - in short, this is artificial intelligence trained in assessment of uploaded photos. It's for fun rather than actual critique, yet you may find it interesting. Have fun
Nice! I've had a fun time with this website. Thanks
12-15-2016, 04:08 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I fed it my old "film pictures of nothing" folder to try to confuse it.

I've seen this photo a million times; where's your originality? You need to work on your colors. There are technical mistakes, but it could be worse. Power up your colors. This is at most 2.6/10.

There's just enough blur, I like. Good place for your subject. Yet this pic is just…ok. A solid 6.3/10. This is much better already!

Love how symmetrical your image is. Good place for your subject. Simple but it's good. A solid 7.0/10. Now you've got the idea! Feel free to send me as many photos as you want, I'll be glad to comment on them and give you my feedback. After 10 pictures I will evaluate your level.

Disappointing at best, and could have used more light… There are technical mistakes, but it could be worse. Power up your lighting, composition, and framing. No more than a 3.5/10, maybe less.

Very amazing pattern. This subject is really starting to pop. OK image. Let's give it a 6.6/10.

Good use of repetition but I find the color a bit uninteresting. Overall, this pic is just…ok. Don't forget about the colors. A solid 5.5/10.

Pleasant lighting; great. Balanced composition, I'm interested. Aesthetically nothing wrong here, but something is missing. Let's give it a 6.6/10.

I'm uninterested, I want to look away; it's a no from me. Keep trying. No more than a 4.8/10, maybe less.

Way to capture the light! Nice framing and elegant repeating motif! This is a solid image. A solid 7.2/10. If you enjoy my comments, like my page to follow me!

Way to use blur to your advantage and your subject gets a gold star. A very pleasing image. You get a 6.7/10. Great, you're clearly an Amateur photographer! Let's see if I can help you improve your technique. To reach the Enthusiast level, you must achieve an average score of 6.5 over your 25 best pictures. Time to discover your profile page!

I'm uninterested, I want to look away; it's a no from me. You should have used more light! It's flawed, but you'll get there: keep working on your lighting and colors. It's only a 2.4/10.

There's just enough blur, I like. The lighting, yass. It's okay, but I want to see more; keep working on your technique! This gets a 6.3/10.

Intriguing repetition…hmm. Aesthetically nothing wrong here, but something is missing. This gets a 5.8/10.

Very intriguing pattern, but the pic is not very interesting… This pic is just…ok. Don't forget about the colors. A solid 6.3/10.

Good place for your subject. Yet this pic is just…ok. Let's give it a 5.4/10.

Your lighting needs some work and I found this a bit disappointing. Your photo could be so much better. Try improving your lighting and colors! This is at most 3.9/10.

12-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hah! Hah! Lot's of fun, but the algorithm seems to look at very few things. It also needs a lot more phrases added to its commentary. To its credit, it managed to recognize the same photo loaded twice. But I don't know how long it keeps its log, so I don't if I upload it in a couple of days whether or not it will still be remembered. If not, it would be interesting if it were scored the same or not.

I managed about 4 or 5 10/10 ratings, including this one complete with the speech bubble.