Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2016, 02:01 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Want to know what artificial intelligence thinks about your photo?

I've just discovered keegan.regaind.io - in short, this is artificial intelligence trained in assessment of uploaded photos. It's for fun rather than actual critique, yet you may find it interesting. Have fun

Last edited by pentageek; 10-10-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Typo
10-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's good for a laugh. I should be working but I gave it a go. Don't read any further if you are sensitive about things like feral animal control. I just came back from four weeks away and had to check the property. There was a lot of rain while we were away and one of my trail cams had a nice shot of a dam overflowing. That got a 4.1 "Try again " Anyway, I happened on a big feral boar on my rounds that same afternoon and sent him to his maker. Took a pic for the records. It was just on dusk and not much light to play with but the shot could be useful sometime in my writing. Anyway, dead pig with a rifle lying on it got "Cute subject, nicely placed and creativity at its best" and 7.6 "This is much better already." So I reached into the bottom drawer for a pic of the last wild dog I got (21 kg or 45 lb) standing in the trap. This deserves to be quoted in full:

"The blur and the subject together, so good, you really captured the moment. Pretty good shot! 8.2/10 - you deserve it, champ. Everything is so perfectly framed that you get the framing ribbon ! Now you've got the idea! Feel free to send me as many photos as you want, I'll be glad to comment on them and give you my feedback. After 10 pictures I will evaluate your level."

Is there the offer of a course at the end of this? I will not be staying around to find out. Off to work (non-photographic).
10-10-2016, 05:50 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. WOW this is exciting, beautifully placed subject, and blurry but pretty. Good detail, and the composition is very nice. I hope you get really big! This is amazing. 9.9/10 - you deserve it, champ.

Next one...

Embrace the blur! WOW this is intriguing and beautifully placed subject. Great image, well done. Without a doubt a 9.4/10.

The program really likes birds with out of focus backgrounds.

Lanscapes, not so much....

I always love a crisp, detailed photograph and I love the composition! Yet your photo could be so much better. It's only a 4.3/10.

Not a photo...give me something I can actually comment on

Nice framing! Yet your photo could be so much better. This is at most 4.9/10.

This is so depressing, I think I'll give him another freakin bird....

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. WOW this is exciting, beautifully placed subject, and blurry but superb. Love the details, and I love the composition! Very nice job, spectacular. 9.6/10 - you deserve it, champ.

OK, one more try at a landscape....

Beautiful composition, and the colors go together quite nicely! OK image. A solid 6.3/10.

OK, I guess I'll just stick to birds in the future. and maybe squirrels...

Somehow you managed to save your subject in all that blur. Good job on the lighting and king of originality! It's simple and it's really good. 9.4/10 - you deserve it, champ.

Ya, birds and squirrels it is.

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. WOW this is amazing, well placed subject, and blurry but pretty. Love the composition on this. The lighting, yass. Ok YES! Queen of photography. 9.9/10 - you deserve it, champ. This level of technicity earns you the technical ribbon

OK. I achieved a 10 out of 10 for an image I don't particularly like....

I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. Beautifully placed subject, and the composition couldn't be better. I hope you get really big! This is amazing. Without a doubt a 10.0/10.

I wonder if it's even possible to get a 10 on a landscape, he seems to have some kind of rating for the amount of blur in the image. The most I could get on a landscape was 7 and 8 for the sunset it judged the best.

Last edited by normhead; 10-10-2016 at 06:02 PM.
10-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fiddling with it, it seems that the criteria changes depending upon the subject. A bokehtastic portrait shot may have a dozen or so criteria come to play, where a landscape will have 4, which means if one of those four tanks, the photo tanks as well.

I managed a few decent landscape type scores, one of which was for a simple gibbous moon shot cropped close.

Just about anything shot at 1.4 made the AI cream its jeans.

10-10-2016, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, birds and squirrels it is.
So Rupert wrote the AI?
10-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #6
a5m
Veteran Member

This is too entertaining, thanks for posting .

I gave it a shot too:

"The blur and the subject together, so good. You could think about hanging this one up. Without a doubt a 8.6/10. B B B BlurMaster ! You got the blur ribbon! WOW this is a great start! You're a pro right? Impress me more!"

Kinda worrying that we're trying to impress a computer, but considering the harsh comment normhead got, and if AI is the future, then we may have to do just that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Just about anything shot at 1.4 made the AI cream its jeans.
LOL definitely.
10-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I wonder if it's even possible to get a 10 on a landscape

Well, I got 7.6 for a dead pig!

10-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Funny. And the winner is...
Attached Images

10-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Red Pandas work well.

Beautifully placed subject and pleasant lighting; great. I love this image. Without a doubt a 9.3/10. This wonderful picture earns you the golden ribbon . Congrats! WOW this is a great start! You're a pro right? Impress me more!

Snow Leopards not as much.

I'm allergic to cats but I guess I can comment still. Well placed subject. Original composition, this is good stuff. You could think about hanging this one up. Congrats!! You get a 9.0/10. Everything is so perfectly framed that you get the framing ribbon ! This cat doesn't look so mean, special achievement unlocked! There are 16 more achievements to discover!

I thought this one would get a 10

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. There's just enough blur, I like. What a catch, well placed subject, and king of originality! Overall, you better hang this up! Without a doubt a 9.8/10. Birds are not easy to catch in photography, special achievement unlocked! There are 15 more achievements to discover! Now you've got the idea! Feel free to send me as many photos as you want, I'll be glad to comment on them and give you my feedback. After 10 pictures I will evaluate your level.

Hmmm.

Somehow you managed to save your subject in all that blur. Beautifully placed subject. Great color. Overall, you got it, chap! Congrats!! You get a 8.6/10.

Ok...

The blur and the subject together, so good. Pleasant lighting; nice. You're getting there! Without a doubt a 8.4/10.

Can't quite get that 10...

The blur and the subject together, so good. Elegant image! 9.8/10 - you deserve it, champ.
#subject#BlurMaster

There we go...

♫I'm like a bird, I only fly away♫ oh god! Don't sneak up on me like that. Elegant, I love how you harnessed your blur. Also, your subject looks right at home and all cozy in your composition. Wow, could it get any better? 10.0/10 - you deserve it, champ. This level of technicity earns you the technical ribbon !
#blurqueen#subject
10-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Someone told that artificial dude that the blur is the most important thing in photography.
10-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member

this one got me a 10. lol

Well placed subject, love the details, and blurry but superb. WOW this is exciting, and the background really adds something special. This image is splendid. 10.0/10 - you deserve it, champ. This wonderful picture earns you the golden ribbon
. Congrats!
10-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I wonder what was their training set. I don't think it was 500px, because the correlation doesn't seem great.
Overall, there are some predictable failures, but it does a good job judging the composition and the color wheel. On average, if you submit a few dozens of photos, it will probably give a reasonable assesment.

This is what they considered a perfect 10/10 out of all my photos...

And this one is boring and has a poor composition and is a mess , 4.8/10

Last edited by rrstuff; 10-10-2016 at 09:37 PM.
10-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I doubt that artificial level of intelligence. Who is Georgie O'Keefe?
Google only knows Georgia O'Keeffe.
But it definitely love flowers, squirrels, blur, and not much landscapes.

Well, not a big fan of dark, b&w cats.
Attached Images

Last edited by micromacro; 10-10-2016 at 09:57 PM.
10-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #14
a5m
Veteran Member

I feel like this thread is headed towards trying to get a 10/10 with the worst picture.
10-10-2016, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This level of technicity(sic) earns you the technical ribbon !
I have twenty of those.

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
I feel like this thread is headed towards trying to get a 10/10 with the worst picture.
That would actually be fun to mess with the AI's heuristics. Besides if this was a true AI, rather than critiquing another cat photo, it would be more concerned about how to deal with all the squishy psychotic meatbags inhabiting this planet.