Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No issues here with Flickr or the Internet in general...

Windows 10 64-bit, Firefox
Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox

25 Mbps

https://www.flickr.com/explore = 3s

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-28-2016 at 12:24 PM.
10-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Since the recent DDoS attacks many websites have been slow. Google was even down briefly.

DDoS attack that disrupted internet was largest of its kind in history, experts say | Technology | The Guardian
Yes, and those attacks were regional in scope meaning that some parts of the country/world were affected more severely than others.

Steve
10-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #18
Pentaxian

There was a big DDOS attack a few days ago that was slowing down lots of stuff if you were in certain parts of the world. But I don't think it went on for more than a couple days.
10-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
For at least a few days, Flickr has become unbearably slow for me. Loading group pages or the Explore page can take upwards of five minutes, if it loads at all. Even browsing the forums here, embedded images from Flickr load slllloowwwllly. Since I started typing this message, I've got Explore loading and the page has nine images on it right now. I'm on Firefox, BTW, if that makes any difference.

Am I the only one seeing this?
I was loading images last night and had no troubles here.

10-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Everything depend on your service for uploading . Most Cable and DSL was about 1 G for uploading but many systme upgrade las t month to upload u p to 10 or 30 , that could cause an issue for slower system
10-31-2016, 06:22 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, FWIW, things came back to normal on Sunday morning. I don't think I'll ever know what was causing the problem... Flickr (and other Yahoo sites, and Netflix, and...) working fine now.