Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2016, 04:52 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
May I bestow some advice?...never get a 645z,don't even think about it.
see, ronniemac, that's the way you do it, you give people advice before they get in trouble, not after.....I was actually lucky, there was a guy in Toronto willing to give up his 645z and a lens for $6000 Canadian. Buy the time I got the money it was gone. Otherwise it could have happened.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Selling a K3, a K5 and a K20D might help raise the funds for a new K1... Might need to sell a few APSC lenses as well...
I sold my K-5 and K-20D to help fund the lens I bought for the K-1. I bought my Tamron SP AF 33mm 2.8 so I would have the same functionality from the blind I have with the DA*200. on a K-3. One day it dawned on me " I could use the 300 on the K-3." It's amazing the intelligent things you can come up with if you have a few interchangeable parts to stick together in different combinations.

10-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #17
Pentaxian

..you took back your k-x though, right?
10-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Norm, based on the photos I've seen you post I'm convinced that it doesn't make a lick of difference which camera you're "stuck" with! It sounds like your wife knows it, too.
10-30-2016, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
None of this would have happened had you listened and climbed the higher one......just sayin'.....

10-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Listen well here Norm, this advice is golden.

Has Tess shot film? You could "rediscover it" if you're an actor. Get a classic Pentax 35mm because it's the original full frame and the lenses all fit. Cheaper than K-1.
10-30-2016, 11:56 PM   #21
Brooke Meyer

The answer is "Yes, Dear", while ( as I was taught by an old friend and mentor in Toronto) you smile and nod.
10-31-2016, 04:17 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Certainly not with this track record, or at least not if @normhead actually wants it for himself.

On the other hand, it might be the only way to get the K-1 back...

10-31-2016, 04:27 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
..you took back your k-x though, right?
The daughter-in-law has the K-x, and she loves it. Nothing I do will get me that camera back.

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Norm, based on the photos I've seen you post I'm convinced that it doesn't make a lick of difference which camera you're "stuck" with! It sounds like your wife knows it, too.
I'm not buying it, but nice of you to try and cheer me up..

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistlefoot Quote
None of this would have happened had you listened and climbed the higher one......just sayin'.....
Ya right, next time she says "jump" I say "how high?"

QuoteOriginally posted by From1980 Quote
Listen well here Norm, this advice is golden.

Has Tess shot film? You could "rediscover it" if you're an actor. Get a classic Pentax 35mm because it's the original full frame and the lenses all fit. Cheaper than K-1.
We both have our old film cameras, and there's a 645 film camera in the cupboard. No one within 200 km of us develops film, and I was always a big fan of the one hour photo labs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Brooke Meyer Quote
The answer is "Yes, Dear", while ( as I was taught by an old friend and mentor in Toronto) you smile and nod.
uh huh, works as well

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Certainly not with this track record, or at least not if @normhead actually wants it for himself.

On the other hand, it might be the only way to get the K-1 back...
Naw, another K-1 will be the way. One of the forum members sent me a nice note a while ago, explaining why he bought and then sold a 645z. It made me think about how many of my images depend on shake reduction.

Last edited by normhead; 10-31-2016 at 05:29 AM.
10-31-2016, 05:26 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
No one within 200 km of us develops film, and I was always a big fan of the one hour photo labs.
So was I once, but when mail-out takes two weeks or more and one is impatient, one is inclined to learn the art of developing.
10-31-2016, 05:32 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So was I once, but when mail-out takes two weeks or more and one is impatient, one is inclined to learn the art of developing.
Since I taught photography, I always had access to a lab for black and white. I had my own stuff at home as well. Unfortunately, my film tanks, enlargers etc. were all sold to a very grateful budding photographer when I went digital. That guy was such a keener, I'm sure he put them to good use.
10-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Unfortunately, my film tanks, enlargers etc. were all sold to a very grateful budding photographer when I went digital.
I went the other way. I was all digital from 2010 onwards, then a Pentax film body and some lenses that used to be my father-in-law's fell into my hands, and it's all sort of snowballed from there. Before I knew it I was drowning in film bodies, then I bought tanks and chemicals, and the rest is history.
10-31-2016, 05:45 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I went the other way. I was all digital from 2010 onwards, then a Pentax film body and some lenses that used to be my father-in-law's fell into my hands, and it's all sort of snowballed from there. Before I knew it I was drowning in film bodies, then I bought tanks and chemicals, and the rest is history.
Talk about going against the flow.
I started working in my dad's dark room when I was 6. I think I started with the job of properly immersing the developed paper in the fix, agitating the tray and taking it out while watching the big clock with the phosphorescent numbers and putting it in the wash. Film is a "been there done that" kind of thing for me. But it's really nice hearing that some folks still enjoy it.

I look at some of those old prints now that have turned yellow and think "man, that guy on the fix and wash wasn't doing his job at a very high level."
10-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #28
Pentaxian

This is a serious predicament, and I really feel bad for you norm. Perhaps you could "contaminate" your K-1 somehow, make it less desirable for use by females. I might suggest applying some fake boogers to the grip. Of course this may have other negative effects in your home life, but at least (I suspect) you'll get your camera back (for a while, anyway). Good luck!
10-31-2016, 01:40 PM   #29
Pentaxian

My wife is satisfied with her K5 even after I got the K5IIs. She is mad at me because I returned the Hasselblad system to its owner after I got my own system. I keep telling her she can use mine besides she has a SWC and I don't. She is finally satisfied with me using her Holga.

Norm, you provided me with yet another reason to stick with my K5IIs and for that thank you. Its not that I do not feel your pain but that I would rather you feel it and not me
10-31-2016, 02:07 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
This is a serious predicament, and I really feel bad for you norm. Perhaps you could "contaminate" your K-1 somehow, make it less desirable for use by females. I might suggest applying some fake boogers to the grip. Of course this may have other negative effects in your home life, but at least (I suspect) you'll get your camera back (for a while, anyway). Good luck!
Unfortunately, I don't like boogers much either. I don't go around saying "eeeewwww gross" like Tess does, but, I dislike them in my own quiet way.

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
My wife is satisfied with her K5 even after I got the K5IIs. She is mad at me because I returned the Hasselblad system to its owner after I got my own system. I keep telling her she can use mine besides she has a SWC and I don't. She is finally satisfied with me using her Holga.

Norm, you provided me with yet another reason to stick with my K5IIs and for that thank you. Its not that I do not feel your pain but that I would rather you feel it and not me
Oh ya, you can be smart cause I was dumb... I see how this works.