Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #1

Cost for photography and videography combo

I consulted a couple of people for a wedding/reception event of a relative. For the wedding day we asked for both photo/videography coverage and the reception day only photography. I was given a quote of about $2600 dollars in average. Each session is about 6-7 hours long. Is it quite normal and is the estimate proper ?

01-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think this may vary with locations. My daughter was married in October and we looked at a lot of photographers. There was a range of prices, but generally the photographers with the better portfolios and more creative results charged more. There is also differences in what the services include like photo books, printing rights, CDs, USB drives, etc. Your estimate is on the lower end of what we saw but but my daughter is very picky ( we were not interested in video).
01-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Completely depends on the state. In Michigan, I paid about $3500 for the pair. In California, I'm told, $5000 gets you bottom of the barrel.
01-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mnj11 Quote
I was given a quote of about $2600 dollars in average. Each session is about 6-7 hours long. Is it quite normal and is the estimate proper ?
It depends on what you get.

QuoteQuote:
There was a range of prices, but generally the photographers with the better portfolios and more creative results charged more.
That makes sense :-)

QuoteQuote:
Completely depends on the state. In Michigan, I paid about $3500 for the pair. In California, I'm told, $5000 gets you bottom of the barrel.
Not likely. Depends on portfolio (see above) and what you get (see above).

01-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks guys ! Looks like it is not a bad price after all. With so many places that offer these services, it is very hard to make a choice. I like the portfolio of these people and I am going to finalize the deal over the weekend.