Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2017, 07:40 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
WWII filrm recovered and processed

Thought this might be enjoyed by others ....
Always love when old film is discovered - it's like an unopened treasure chest.
The painstaking process yielded a true treat.
Hope the link works:
31 Rolls Of Film From A WWII Soldier Were Found & Processed; The Results Are Extraordinary

Last edited by cg57; 01-09-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo
01-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cindy, as the sticky says in General talk, photography doesn't belong in there. Moved to General Photography forum.
01-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Cindy, as the sticky says in General talk, photography doesn't belong in there. Moved to General Photography forum.
Ok, thanks for rerouting it to its proper home.
01-10-2017, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

That's pretty amazing stuff. It's a wonder he's able to pull anything at all off of 70-year-old undeveloped film. That's a great bit of preservation work.

01-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
That's pretty amazing stuff. It's a wonder he's able to pull anything at all off of 70-year-old undeveloped film. That's a great bit of preservation work.
Yes it is. I like how he can scan otherwise nearly indiscernible image on the negative and pull up details.
Plus I get caught in wondering about the people in the pictures. Where they were stationed, what they went through overseas, did they come back home?
01-10-2017, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

I also find myself wondering about the photographer, who he or she was and what happened that the film was just stored away and never developed. A single roll left in a camera is one thing, but 31 rolls!?!
01-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
I also find myself wondering about the photographer, who he or she was and what happened that the film was just stored away and never developed. A single roll left in a camera is one thing, but 31 rolls!?!
Yes! Was there a name on the note that tells us who this photographer was _what's their story... I would love to know.
There were, also, some nicely composed images - the stone wall and canal, the curve of the tracks with all the soldiers lined up, the rear view shot of them walking away, etc ...