Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #16
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I've used video precisely zero times on my K-50...
...and?

01-25-2017, 09:37 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
...and?
And, that's how many times I've used it too,

This is easy, if video is important, find the video quality you want off the top , take out all the other cameras, then find the camera that best suits your style of the top video cameras and , that's your best combination. It's not rocket science. You don't have to be a smart guy. Just do it. There are no rewards for brand loyalty here.

Be methodical. posting on the internet gets you nothing. Especially here, where if we wanted perfect video we wouldn't have bought Pentax. Why not PM Lauren or one of the other video hot shots and see what she's using thee days.

Last edited by normhead; 01-25-2017 at 09:54 AM.
01-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
Imp
Pentaxian

sigh

I'm college age, I don't have money to throw around, but I wouldn't shoot any dslr brand other than pentax. I can't hope for an improvement of something I dearly love in my favorite brand?
01-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sigh

I'm college age, I don't have money to throw around, but I wouldn't shoot any dslr brand other than pentax. I can't hope for an improvement of something I dearly love in my favorite brand?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Unfortunately, it's been Pentax policy for years to include only rudimentary video capabilities (relative to the competition) in their DSLRs. Pentax employees have indicated in interviews that video is not a priority for them. So, spending years hoping on a day-to-day basis (or model-to-model basis) for top flight video is insanity.

Personally, I'd like for Pentax do improve video capabilities simply because it would make people happy.

01-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Personally, I'd like for Pentax do improve video capabilities simply because it would make people happy.
They did the K-1, which made way more people happy.
01-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #21
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately, it's been Pentax policy for years to include only rudimentary video capabilities (relative to the competition) in their DSLRs....
It'll be interesting to see if the KP offers this. They've gone to the trouble of adding 4K time lapse, and the stills side benefits from five axis IBIS, so maybe - just maybe - they'll be using hardware stabilisation for the video?

It doesn't really affect me as I have little interest in video (and if I did, I'd look for something additional to my Pentax kit), but I can see why some people really want better video in their Pentax cameras...
01-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #22
Imp
Pentaxian

So, spending years hoping on a day-to-day basis (or model-to-model basis) for top flight video is insanity.
Sounds like politics and activism to me
Raise enough of a fuss and hope someone listens. It happened for the K-1, it might for video too!

01-25-2017, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like politics and activism to me
Raise enough of a fuss and hope someone listens. It happened for the K-1, it might for video too!
Pentaxtivism! Let's march!!!

01-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I heard it was the Pentax engineers who had a revolt and forced them to make the K-1. Maybe you should write them letters and send them flowers.
01-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #25
Imp
Pentaxian

and chocolates... with little inscribed words like "higher bitrate" and "sr in movie mode"