Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2017, 02:42 AM   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bm75 Quote
I much appreciated your comment and there's nothing wrong with that, you're right. I liked it. I'm sorry if my language sounds rude or inappropriate, English is not my native language and I could make some mistakes in my spoken and written language. Thank you for your post.

there is nothing wrong with your posts or your language. I wish that I could speak another language. I am, like most Americans, only able to converse in English (although some from "across the pond" might challenge even that).

Last edited by Aslyfox; 01-25-2017 at 03:21 AM.
01-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
Same in Australia, B&M stores in the main only stock what sells quick and what the mainstream asks for. A previous poster is correct Pentax buyers are now too savvy to pay the mark up that dealers put on s/h gear, they are in it to make a profit so in some ways we have shot ourselves in the foot. Only places to sell gear now is dedicated Facebook buy and sell sites, Ebay and Pentax Forum. All get closer to buyers and it is easy and quick if you are careful.
In Italy things are a bit complicated by the law: professional sellers have to give you for every used item at least 1 year warranty so prices/quotations for the used market are consequently affected. I much prefer visiting phisical stores for that reason: the private sellers can't offer any kind of warranty, professionals are forced to. And I never had any kind of problems with used gear brought in "brick and mortar" shops. Obviously the same if I buy from trusted people.
To be fair, I perfectly understand and accept the lowering of the quotation of items in the trade in/off because of course the seller takes the risk of having to refound in case of problems. And that's why I'm fair toward the dealer I'm speaking of; but still remains the lack of motivation for saying "we do not take uded Pentax Items" from a Pentax dealer involved in multi-brand used market.
I would have accepted without any perplexity the answer : "sorry Sir, we can't accept your gear because it's off-market" .
But today I'm ok...the concern has gone. Thank you all for your support.

Matteo
01-25-2017, 06:19 AM   #18
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Henry's here in Canada will take my Pentax gear, but they'll give me half what i can sell it for privately. They have to make money on it.
01-25-2017, 06:34 AM   #19
Forum Member

I had a similar experience with a large volume online 2nd hand equipment trader. I sent in my K10 for evaluation. I received an email a few days later indicating that there was mold inside the camera and so would not accept it. They sent it back to me. Without doing anything to the camera, I sent it in again 6 months later, they gave me a quote for Excellent condition. I think what happened was that they had too many Pentax equipment already on hand and did not want any more. But when the stock thinned out, they needed new supply.