Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #1

looking for los angeles area pentax retailers...

i'm very interested in the K-70 (or maybe the K-S2), but i have a concern - due to wrist and shoulder issues, i have weight limitations. these two cameras are at or just above my max weight limit for a camera, and the grips are different than what i'm used to. for this reason, i'd like to find one in a store to handle for a few minutes to make sure it won't cause pain when using it. the pentax site lists only samy's, and after calling four samy's, all of which said they don't have them, i went into culver city samy's where they say they can't order them, either.

so i'm wondering if you know of pentax dealers in the los angeles area. if so, i can call them and find out if they have a K-70 (or maybe K-S2) in stock.

thanks

01-30-2017, 07:46 AM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Samy's carries Pentax but I don't see the K70 on their website, so you might want to call them first.
i did. they don't carry them in any of their stores - i called each one..
01-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #3

I've only seen the K-1 in the Culver City store. If they have it on the website I think you can arrange to pick up at one of the stores.
01-30-2017, 08:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I've only seen the K-1 in the Culver City store. If they have it on the website I think you can arrange to pick up at one of the stores.
i was in culver city saturday, and they had two pentaxes, one of which was the K-1.

they don't have it on their website, alas.

01-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pcake Quote
i did. they don't carry them in any of their stores - i called each one..
Ah, sorry, I was reading your post on my cell and somehow missed that...
01-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #6

Original Poster
no prob.

i found that lensrentals has the K-S2, so i'm renting it to get an idea of size and grip. i know it's not exactly the same there as the K-70, but it's fairly close. and who knows - maybe i'll love the S2.
01-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The main sammy's store in downtown would be your best bet. Perhaps consider buying one used so you have an option of returning? I believe KEH has hassle free returns?

01-31-2017, 12:47 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
The main sammy's store in downtown would be your best bet. Perhaps consider buying one used so you have an option of returning? I believe KEH has hassle free returns?
samy's says none of their stores have the K70 or KS2.

KEH rocks, but they don't have one in stock. anyway it's easy enough to buy from amazon or B&H and return if i don't like it.