Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 03:24 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear Don. I hope recover goes well.
Best regards,
Mark

02-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #17
smf
Pentaxian

Warmest wishes

I add my warmest wishes.
02-19-2017, 06:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Don, I add my best wishes for you, and your family. Your post resonated with me a lot. Thanks.
Peter
02-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to here of your health issues Don. I'm glad that they caught and dealt with that cancer early and hopefully shored you up against any other future "events". I wish you a successful and timely recovery.

I share your sentiments in that there are a number of different ways to engage in this photography thing that is our hobby that go well beyond just "taking pictures". The picture taking is the culmination of some of these pursuits, but then there many other aspects and niches that embody the craft, or practice, or activity or however you choose to frame it. Whether it is the history and/or science of the gear, or the people that made it, or the photographers/artists that use/d it, or the different processes and experiences that they engage/d in, or whatever aspect of it that draws each of us to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Participants here on Pentax Forums should also know how much you have contributed to my experience with this hobby. I found Pentax Forums to be a most civil place to meet, ask questions, and exchange ideas about cameras, gear, and picture-taking. It is a safe and comfortable haven for new folks and a place for in-depth discussion for experienced photographers. I will continue to enjoy my time here.
I can't think of any better way to express what you said here about this forum, so I will just add that I agree emphatically!

02-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #20
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Great post Don, inspiring in many ways.

It was nice to read of your positive outlook and continued commitment to our hobby.

Best wishes for your continued improvement of health!
02-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #21
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
Thank You! Your words are inspirational. Hope the recovery goes smoothly.
My sentiments exactly.

There is a sense of community around this forum, and the whole village is on your side Don. As it has been with many other members with major health issues and other personal setbacks
02-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I hope the recovery goes well.
Asking your wife to buy you flowers is thinking outside the square. If you can't get into the garden comfortably, get the garden to come to you!!
Absolutely. I hope she gets you one of those crazy mixed bouquets with lots of different colors and textures. Lots of still life possibilities with that.

02-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Spring is just around the corner (well, it's actually here *now* in Texas!) - the garden flowers will be ready for your return to shooting!
02-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Get well soon, Don. Maybe we can meet up and have a beer sometime.

Jer
02-21-2017, 12:08 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Many thanks to all for your nice wishes of recovery.

The purpose of my original post was to give example to many of the many ways we can keep photography as an activity even when we can't get outside to shoot in our favorite places. It really is a neat hobby. My post was not for sympathy although all of your thoughts were nice to read.

For the record I am progressing well. Today I took a solo one-mile walk - no one along keeping me on a leash like a puppy dog.
02-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm glad you're on the path to recovery, and a second chance at life. Over-dramatic?

My experiences with anesthesia and painkillers have been pretty bad, it should serve as impetus to stay healthy...
Now it's getting toward walking around with the camera season (though that never really ends), so I'm sure you're going to keep moving.

Just remember the sunscreen...