Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #1

Ricoh Theta Help

I am a big Pentaxian with a ist*ds, K10, k5 and a K3. I have more lenses than I could possibly use on a regular basis. Whilst I work hard on Lightroom and Photoshop one thing I can not work out is my Ricoh Theta.

How do I make a JPEG of a zoom or a crop? I have spent hours trying. I know it must be easy but I can not work out how. I have a great shot which I want to make like a small planet. How do I do this and then save as a separate image?

I feel so silly because I know it must be easy. Thanks in advance.

Albermarle

03-04-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Albermarle Quote
I am a big Pentaxian with a ist*ds, K10, k5 and a K3. I have more lenses than I could possibly use on a regular basis. Whilst I work hard on Lightroom and Photoshop one thing I can not work out is my Ricoh Theta.

How do I make a JPEG of a zoom or a crop? I have spent hours trying. I know it must be easy but I can not work out how. I have a great shot which I want to make like a small planet. How do I do this and then save as a separate image?

I feel so silly because I know it must be easy. Thanks in advance.

Albermarle
The absolute easiest way to do it is to open up the smartphone app, pan the way you like, and take a screenshot of the result. That screenshot will then go in your phone's native image gallery app.

The same can also be done via the Theta S desktop app, and this could potentially give you a higher-resolution image, but it's a bit more time-consuming.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. Big fan of of pentax site but I'm more of a watcher than a contributer. Thanks for your hard work.
03-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps you'd get better results using Hugin; try this: hugin - How to reproject and crop a 360°x180° panorama? - Photography Stack Exchange