Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nat Geo / Mini / Andy Mann - Guided Montana Photoshoot Sweepstakes

I saw this Sweepstakes Offer on my MiniUSA Social Media feed - thought someone might be interested.

Experience the adventure of a lifetime at a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World in Big Sky, Montana.

You could win a 4-day/3-night trip to Lone Mountain Ranch in Montana! This amazing adventure weekend is perfect for the whole family. Andy Mann, National Geographic Photographer, will join for the weekend to take you on a special photo shoot and will join you along your custom adventure itinerary. You'll even have the chance to experience the NEW MINI Countryman in person!

Adam approved me linking this opportunity on PentaxForums. I have no related interest and gain no benefit by linking - just something I thought might interest the membership.

03-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I'm in! I could never get a Mini (being 6'5" it is a bit cramped) but anyplace that says its Big Sky country I figure I can fit in!

Thanks for the lead!
03-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Well, I'm in! I could never get a Mini (being 6'5" it is a bit cramped) but anyplace that says its Big Sky country I figure I can fit in!

Thanks for the lead!
Best Luck!

That's a Mini Countryman - 4 Doors and bigger than a Mini Hardtop (the traditional Mini). I'm 6'2" and I drive my wife's Mini Hardtop about once a week no problem. It's all in the angle of the seat and how far back you are from the pedals - but don't expect to sit behind me if you are older than about 10.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-24-2017 at 04:33 PM.
03-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
it's all in the angle of the seat and how far back you are from the pedals
Yes, I could probably drive it, but getting UP when trying to get out of it is an exercise in itself. I have come to enjoy high wheelbase vehicles (SUVs, trucks, etc.) that I can step DOWN from!

Remember, the older one gets, the stronger gravity becomes!

Regards,

03-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Yes, I could probably drive it, but getting UP when trying to get out of it is an exercise in itself. I have come to enjoy high wheelbase vehicles (SUVs, trucks, etc.) that I can step DOWN from!

Remember, the older one gets, the stronger gravity becomes!

Regards,
So far - even at 61 - I'm good to get out, but you wouldn't believe the butt-first contortion I go through to get in .
03-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Ohhh...I like Lone Mountain Lodge. I like Lone Mountain too!

Steve
03-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Could I experience it without him?