Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2017, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Post the original RAW file - anything less is speculation.

04-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
White balance is more than yellow and blue...

It's hard to say without seeing the raw file or even the photo, but there could be a few things off. Subtle and pale colours can easily get mashed by a poor profile, or even a slight overexposure can wash them out. If he's processing this photo now from his memory two years ago, that's another sketchy connection if he hoped to match the real colour in some objective way (note that there's no need to match reality).

He had processed it when he took the photo but as he said, "The color gamma on his laptop is a Squirrel." He started playing around with the photo again because of "doing some graphics algorithms dealing with bezier curves and stuff.", and how software processing RGB data works. He has also informed me that he is a professional in image processing and color science, and he very well could be.

QuoteQuote:
You have to look at the histogram, Dave. One of the channels (like the red one) could be overexposed, altering the colours and destroying detail.
I realized I could look at the histogram after my last post. The only place I could see any overexposure was in the blue channel.

I am going to go ahead and post the photo.
Photo not taken by me. Photo taken by Foo. It is not the actual RAW file but a Jpeg of the RAW file, unprocessed.
Attached Images

04-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of minutes in Photoshop elements and voila, The flowers are indeed pink.
Attached Images