Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New Kickstarter for Breakthrough Photography (new filters)

I got an email from Breakthrough Photography for their new kickstarter campaign and decided to share news for those interested in Pentax community...

XXXX,

We just launched six new products on Kickstarter, including Dark CPL.

Click here to visit the Kickstarter launch page and check it out.

We decided to add our Dark CPL and 150mm formats for X4 GND and X4 ND Square at the last minute since we finished the 'golden master prototypes' at nearly the same time as KS launch.

Ordering on Kickstarter can be confusing, but we simplified it on our 3rd go-around with launching products with the handy little Add-On Menu, see link below for how-to video.

31 days from now there will never be any sales or discounts again on these filters, so check them out while they're at this one-time only price.

As always, thanks for reading.

XXXXX

ps - click here to watch a simple how-to video about ordering on kickstarter

P.S. I just replaced names in email with XXXX

05-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice ideas. Cluggey ordering process.
05-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Having purchased their regular CPL, let me say, it is colossal pain in the rear end to take off and put on. The grippy part that you hold onto to screw it on is both very thin and recessed a bit. You can see it clearly in the top picture on the kickstarter page.

The filter itself is nice.

EDIT.: Dilemma time. Do I pick up square ND filters (which are cheaper only while on KS. I would also have to pick up a holder) or do I pick up their screw in ND filters?

Last edited by serothis; 05-03-2017 at 09:35 AM.
05-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I purchased their six stop ND filter, 72mm size and really like it. I plan on getting their CPL & and a ten stop ND.

05-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Hmm, I've been looking at a squared system, seems like the Breakthrough version has a good value holder but then a huge cost to participate for the ND squares...