Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The road from Mammoth to Norris has been under construction for quite some time. The construction delay really doesn't bother me. I can think of a lot worse places to spend a half hour of my life than witting in Yellowstone. We do plan on spending time in the Lamar Valley as wildlife viewing is high on our list of priorities. I have yet to see a wolf in the park. Old Faithful just may do it. We plan on going up to the overlook. If you want to get a feel for the K1, I'll let you carry it up the trail. I'm just that king of guy. I usually try to get into the park around 6AM so a lot of time I beat the construction delays, and the crowds.

We can keep in touch as the day nears.
Sounds good. I'm there for the wildlife as well. I don't have a wolf picture for you but this guy walked up behind me last Sunday. The picture is bad because I was shaking quite a bit. He kept eye contact with me the whole time he circled around me....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-09-2017, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
I did go on an interview several months ago and they wanted Canon/Nikon owners only.
Such blatant discrimination against Pentax owners! It looks like we need a Bill of Photographer's Rights, and maybe an Affirmative Action program.
05-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't see many either. Though I do my best to garner attention walking around with the K3II, FA100 f2.8 macro and Sunpak ring flash. It does make for a fairly exotic-looking rig. I'm giving presentations featuring my native bee pictures, and while I don't evangelize the gear I do get asked. And yes, any brand will do well but I think Pentax has some real advantages for field macro work. The K3II seems purpose-built for it, with lack of AA filter, weather sealing and built-in GPS. I'll talk camera geek with everyone.
05-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I was out hiking in the woods for 6 hours on Saturday and didn't see another human. Sorry, Pentax!

05-17-2017, 02:58 AM   #80

I know several professional landscape/nature/travel photographers who use Pentax medium format systems as well as the K1, myself included. At most tourist locations around the world, as well as sporting events, Canon and Nikon are the dominant brands seen. As others have noted, you may see an occasional Pentax. Pentax systems address a different type of photographer. A majority of the millions of Canon and Nikon owners of entry and mid level cameras with kit lenses, may have considered a SONY or Panasonic, but likely have never heard of or considered Olympus or Fuji, much less Pentax. Don't lose sleep over the situation.