Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-17-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Used lens retailers online

Looking for online retailers of used lenses. I search the marketplace here as well as B&H,Adorama,KEH and eBay can anyone recommend another site?

06-17-2017, 06:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Henry's
Used Digital Lenses - Henry's best camera store in Canada : Origin

Fredericks foto source has an 1.4 TC right now and has maybe 5-15 old pentax lenses mostly M42 on his shelf.
http://www.fredericksphoto.com/Used_and_Refurbished_Equipment_s/79.htm?searc...show=10&page=1
06-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I've bought a couple of used lenses from Sunrise Camera with pleasing results...

Sunrise Camera | Japanese Quality Camera

they have an eBay storefront also, but if you buy from them direct from the website, shipping is free....
06-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

FFordes is a British company that I have purchased from and have been quite satisfied with my transactions. Shipping by Royal Mail to Canada was reasonably priced and reasonably speedy.

06-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, I have more sites to check daily.

I got excited looking at FFordes I thought they had what I was looking for but it was short one zero.
06-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've bought a couple of lenses from Roberts Camera (eBay seller robertscamera). The lenses were in super condition, shipped very quickly and for free, and they accepted my best offer for both lenses.
06-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I bought a M lens and a battery grip from National Camera Exchange, both were as described (very clean, I really tried to find a mark and couldn't). Their own store has more stuff listed compared to their ebay, many posts include pictures of the actual item.

Last edited by aaacb; 06-17-2017 at 04:03 PM.
06-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll give a plus to Henrys and Roberts.
06-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have dealt with Roberts and National camera exchange . I could recommend either.
06-17-2017, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

My preferred seller of used lens is also Roberts.

I won't buy used from B&H or Adorama anymore as I think they over-rate the condition of their lenses.

I used to buy from KEH, however, I've read numerous reports where these days they sometimes over-rate their lenses too.

If you know what you're doing on ebay, you can usually find a great seller who under rates their lenses. From 100% ebay sellers with years of experience who principley sell photo equipment I usually get better products than advertized. Don't buy from a non-photo person as they don't have a clue on what to look for when inspecting equipment
06-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think for what I'm looking for the marketplace here or one of the big camera eBay stores in Japan will be my best bet.

I will probably put a posting up in the wanted section soon see if I can get lucky.
06-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Looking for online retailers of used lenses. I search the marketplace here as well as B&H,Adorama,KEH and eBay can anyone recommend another site?
Lensrentals.com (in Tennessee) has a "Keeper" program where you can rent a lens, and then ask for the used price if you like it and want to buy it. And yes, they do currently carry over 30 K-mount DA, FA, and even a Venus and Rokinon for Pentax glass.

LensRentals.com - Rent Lenses and Cameras from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Leica, and more

They also have a used lens site as well called LensAuthority:
https://www.lensauthority.com/t/camera-systems/pentax
06-18-2017, 04:39 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have purchased multiple lenses from KEH and they've always been in far better condition than the descriptions suggested. 100% satisfied with every purchase from them.
06-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I have purchased multiple lenses from KEH and they've always been in far better condition than the descriptions suggested. 100% satisfied with every purchase from them.
You have got that right. I just received an UGLY Pentax-A 645 120mm f 4.0 macro lens from Keh for only $126 including freight. The lens on arrival would better be described Excellent+ except for missing front and back caps.What a bargain! The FA auto-focus version goes for $700-800.

---------- Post added 06-18-17 at 08:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote

I won't buy used from B&H or Adorama anymore as I think they over-rate the condition of their lenses.

I used to buy from KEH, however, I've read numerous reports where these days they sometimes over-rate their lenses too.

If you know what you're doing on ebay, you can usually find a great seller who under rates their lenses. From 100% ebay sellers with years of experience who principley sell photo equipment I usually get better products than advertized. Don't buy from a non-photo person as they don't have a clue on what to look for when inspecting equipment
I buy from Roberts too, and generally like the company. However, they sell some stuff that ought to have been put in the trash bin, so if they describe it as rough, unlike Keh it is going to be real rough--maybe not always but that has been my experience.

---------- Post added 06-18-17 at 08:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote

Still underrating. The UGLY 645 120/4.0 macro I got for them would pass for EX* anywhere else . . . for $126!
06-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I have bought used primes: SMC DA 21 Limited and FA 50 f1.7 from KEH and DA 70 Macro from Adorama. All were in as good a condition, or better than advertised. It is good to see that there are other reputable online retailers for used lenses available. I would not hesitate to buy a used screwdrive prime, but I would be hesitant to buy an SDM lens used. I would go new for any lens with an in lens focus motor, although as far as I read, there is less risk with DC autofocus lenses.