Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is this?

What is this on my clients face? Is it make up?
Can I fix it?

Culture

Attached Images

06-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Rash? Acne? Razer burn? All of the above?
06-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Smug grin?
06-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need to see the RAW file, doubt that it's just make-up, as both faces have weird colour splotches. Hope your other pics are sharper.

06-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I don't know what it is but Yes, you can easily photoshop it out via Spot healing brush tool or the old reliable friend, Clone stamp tool.
06-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It looks like a combination of over-saturation and mixed-color lighting.
06-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Color reflection effects from surrounding vegetation.

I did an outdoor shot in the park of some friends a few years ago, and saw very similar color effects, which I an pretty sure came from reflections from the local grass and tree leaves. I did not do a custom white balance - mea culpa! I had a lot of trouble trying to get rid of it, too.
06-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by demondata Quote
Need to see the RAW file, doubt that it's just make-up, as both faces have weird colour splotches. Hope your other pics are sharper.
The raw file has a little bit of the coloring, but I bet exaggerated as I went through processing.
I mainly noticed this when I zoomed in to clear the shave cuts and do some retouching.
Yes the pictures are sharp. This was shot at f2.8 but zoomed to about 150% to show this coloring.

Culture.

---------- Post added 22-06-17 at 08:18 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
I don't know what it is but Yes, you can easily photoshop it out via Spot healing brush tool or the old reliable friend, Clone stamp tool.
I have to check how to do that. I use a Gimp. It has a heal selection tool but I am not sure it can take cake of this. I will have to check. Thanks.

---------- Post added 22-06-17 at 08:33 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Color reflection effects from surrounding vegetation.

I did an outdoor shot in the park of some friends a few years ago, and saw very similar color effects, which I an pretty sure came from reflections from the local grass and tree leaves. I did not do a custom white balance - mea culpa! I had a lot of trouble trying to get rid of it, too.
Could it really be possible that its a reflection for the trees.
Because these were shot before the reception. But I have not actually seen these coloring on the groom. I should check more to see.

Thanks.

06-22-2017, 01:33 AM   #9

To fix it, you could create a selection mask of his face in Photoshop and try desaturating the green and yellows, which should help remove the vegetation colour on his face.

In Lightroom, you could also use the circular graduated filter and then play a bit. For example, desaturate and then use the colour selector tool to bring back his natural colour. This is a little bit of a lazy approach I guess, but it would have the advantage of being able to be reused on multiple photos.

If you want to improve his skin complexion, you can then use the spot repair tool, or just use a filter to add a slight blur. There are lots of different ways to skin that cat.
06-22-2017, 05:18 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I haven't done it myself but I think this can be fixed in gimp with the help of frequency separation, just search online for a good explanation/instruction
06-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
I haven't done it myself but I think this can be fixed in gimp with the help of frequency separation, just search online for a good explanation/instruction
Could it be "The Heartbreak of Psoriasis"?

ROB

06-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #12
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why does your shot have a white frame? (you have to download it to see it) Have you taken a shot of a photo? If so the print colours have shifted.
I was able to clear it up a bit in Gimp by decreasing saturation in red and then in yellow. Unfortunately the result is a little cold.
Attached Images

06-23-2017, 12:03 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by atlrob Quote
Could it be "The Heartbreak of Psoriasis"?

ROB

I am not a doctor but maybe, although if it is this should be apparent for the naked eye and not just occur in a picture. I am just curious what this diagnosis has to do with my PP suggestion if he desides to remove it in the picture?
06-23-2017, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
I am not a doctor but maybe, although if it is this should be apparent for the naked eye and not just occur in a picture. I am just curious what this diagnosis has to do with my PP suggestion if he desides to remove it in the picture?
Absolutely nothing. I posted using wrong method. Please accept my apology.

ROB