07-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Need remote NOW, emergency

any in NYC area, i need remote for my K3 now, buy or rent

07-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You have Adorama and B&H right there in NYC.
07-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Aren't most of the big NYC camera shops closed Saturdays?

Do you have a phone with IR? That might work...

-Eric
07-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wired remotes for Canon sub mini connection will fit, I've been using one for years. There's more options likely to be available if you include them in your search. Good luck.

Tas

07-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Wired remotes for Canon sub mini connection will fit, I've been using one for years. There's more options likely to be available if you include them in your search. Good luck.
This^^^^ You should be able to get a sub-mini connector remote at any camera shop or electronics store. It will say Canon on it but if the connector is sub-mini it will work just fine. Be aware that Canon has two different connectors in use, so not all remotes that say Canon will work, only those with the sub-mini.
07-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I use the following wired remote with my K-3II and K-5IIS. I bought it from B and H. The shortcut to the product listing is below.

Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote Switch for Select Cameras RS-C1II B&H
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Hopefully I've left this long enough for the OP to be answered before I drag the thread off at a slight tangent...but...umm...what??

If you were to choose a day of the week to close a retail store, surely literally any other day of the week would be better? I don't know about the US, but here Saturday is shopping day!

07-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #8
Pentaxian

B and H is open on Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM.

B and H is closed on Saturday, according to their site Store Hours listing (Help section).
07-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

As noted above, the DSLR Remote app for Android works well with Pentax cameras and is the quickest and cheapest remote control option. This assumes, however that one's phone is Android and that it has an IR blaster.

Steve
07-08-2017, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
If you were to choose a day of the week to close a retail store, surely literally any other day of the week would be better? I don't know about the US, but here Saturday is shopping day!
If you are Jewish, Saturday is Sabbath (Shabbat) and the owners of B&H are observant Jews.

Steve
07-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If you are Jewish, Saturday is Sabbath (Shabbat) and the owners of B&H are observant Jews.
Ahhh, I see! Every day is a day at school, as they say around here. Thanks for enlightening me...if you'll excuse the pun.
07-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
-Eric
Ah. There is that :-(
07-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Ahhh, I see! Every day is a day at school, as they say around here. Thanks for enlightening me...if you'll excuse the pun.
Some members on this site have voiced strong indignation that the B&H Web site will not accept orders between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday and that both the B&H and Adorama stores in New York are closed as well. Suggestions have been made that both should be forced to remain open

On a different, but related note...When I was growing up here in the U.S., Sunday closures of all but essential services were the rule. This was done in the interest of promoting respect for Christian worship practice by making sure that few were forced to work rather than attend church. Blue laws in the United States - Wikipedia

In my state, those laws stood until the late 1960s when they were repealed by an initiative vote of the people.

Steve
07-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I'm of the opinion that a day or relative rest is good for the soul (psyche, spirit, or whatever) but I am not of the opinion that such a day should be mandated by government fiat. So called "blue laws" are an affront to individual liberty and, in my view, a direct violation of the United States constitution.

As for the OP's immediate need, Any decent camera store should have a suitable remote control.
07-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I'm of the opinion that a day or relative rest is good for the soul (psyche, spirit, or whatever) but I am not of the opinion that such a day should be mandated by government fiat. So called "blue laws" are an affront to individual liberty and, in my view, a direct violation of the United States constitution.

As for the OP's immediate need, Any decent camera store should have a suitable remote control.