Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2017, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #16
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

To answer your question: Yes!

...which is why I bought a GR. Did it solve my problem? To a large degree, yes. The problem now is the same as when I bring only one lens with a DSLR; it is sometimes not the right lens. But my DSLRs have seen less use after I got the GR. It's such a wonderful little camera that I prefer it over the K-3 for most wide-angle shots. And I think it, like the Q, makes you want to shoot.

I have postet a few examples over in the Toycam thread Paul mentioned above - just to show that sometimes even the GR is left at home

Anyway, use the camera you have with you. It's better to be happy getting something than kicking yourself over nor getting something better. As you demonstrate yourself in your posts - great shots

07-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
everything is a trade off
depending on circumstances I carry a Fuji x30 or a Panasonic zs50
both have saved the day

when i'm fishing I just add a nikon aw110 to my lanyard
i'm a klutz and it doesn't care if it gets wet

Last edited by ccc_; 07-12-2017 at 12:10 PM.
07-10-2017, 09:42 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There have been a few times when I have been very grateful for the quality of the camera in my phone! However it's limited to a fairly wide angle POV so only good for certain shots (though landscape is something that it does do well). Here's a few taken on my Samsung phone:

And if you are lucky you can even do bird photography with a phone! This Crested Tern must have been exhausted from one of its migratory flights because I was able to get really close to it to take this photo.

Last edited by buberfan; 07-10-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: a couple more photos
07-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buberfan Quote
There have been a few times when I have been very grateful for the quality of the camera in my phone! However it's limited to a fairly wide angle POV so only good for certain shots (though landscape is something that it does do well). Here's a few taken on my Samsung phone:

And if you are lucky you can even do bird photography with a phone! This Crested Tern must have been exhausted from one of its migratory flights because I was able to get really close to it to take this photo.
we had considered my wife to be one of the most unaccomplished photographers ever...even snapshots were subpar

then she started using her phone
some really remarkable output!

something about holding that darn thing at arm's length transformed her

07-15-2017, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
we had considered my wife to be one of the most unaccomplished photographers ever...even snapshots were subpar

then she started using her phone
some really remarkable output!

something about holding that darn thing at arm's length transformed her
Simple explanation. When they are looking at the screen on the phone they are looking at the photo as it will appear. When you are looking through an optical viewfinder the mistake is to look through the camera and concentrate only at the main subject. Often ignoring things like background, composition, tilt etc. Even after doing this for over 45 years I still have to make sure I am looking at the complete resulting image and not just the main subject. Tilting the camera is my main bugaboo.