Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2017, 02:40 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Which is the good Shipping service(s) to use?

Hello,

I have a question regarding choosing a good shipping service that I don't know where to put. I have some Pentax K lenses that I would like to sell in the market place, because I have been too busy recently, and those great lenses don't get much use, plus I'm needing some cash. However, I have no experience selling stuffs, especially shipping tasks, so normally which service(s) do you choose to ship your items? A service that is not expensive but still accurate and trustworthy enough?

I'm currently residing in France, and willing to ship the items preferably in Europe, or worldwide later.

Thank you very much for your help

08-09-2017, 05:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Postal Services of Canada, USPS, Euro , Australia, Hong Kong and I even had a good experience with Russian Postal once but only 1. China Postal is unreliable. UPS, DHL, Fed Ex etc. charge for Brokerage fees and duty & taxes that are none existant on items $100- $200 coming into Canada at any rate.
08-09-2017, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bui Quote
Hello,

I have a question regarding choosing a good shipping service that I don't know where to put. I have some Pentax K lenses that I would like to sell in the market place, because I have been too busy recently, and those great lenses don't get much use, plus I'm needing some cash. However, I have no experience selling stuffs, especially shipping tasks, so normally which service(s) do you choose to ship your items? A service that is not expensive but still accurate and trustworthy enough?

I'm currently residing in France, and willing to ship the items preferably in Europe, or worldwide later.

Thank you very much for your help
For worldwide/non-EU shipments, the most suitable shipping service in my opinion is EMS. It may have another name locally, but it's a worldwide standard for express mail delivery. It supports tracking and insurance, plus delivery times are 3-5 days to pretty much anywhere.

For domestic/EU shipments, standard air mail should suffice. For more expensive items you can always insure it as registered mail.

UPS is a good choice for the most expensive items, but otherwise usually costs more than the post office.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
Bui

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you very much for your help :-) is EMS a Chinese service by the way?

Last edited by Bui; 08-13-2017 at 06:44 AM.