Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2017, 05:37 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
es,many say that...i suppose years and years of OVFs,some find it difficult.
Some will always prefer analogue to digital. Real world or computer display, those are your choices. Many sit in front of their computers for recreation too. Others still go out and join sports teams, go for hikes and engage in other real world activities. It all depends on if you are fascinated by reality, or digital recreations of reality.

09-20-2017, 05:46 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Some will always prefer analogue to digital. Real world or computer display, those are your choices. Many sit in front of their computers for recreation too. Others still go out and join sports teams, go for hikes and engage in other real world activities. It all depends on if you are fascinated by reality, or digital recreations of reality.
It's funny that when I was a kid, I thought that digital watches were going to take over the world, particularly calculator watches. It turns out that an awful lot of people like the look and feel of a well crafted swiss time piece and will pay more money for them than for the latest i watch.
09-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #63
Pentaxian

It all depends on if you are fascinated by reality, or digital recreations of reality.
Yes, for me a bit of both....out to shoot a PS landscape session,then back to the digital manipulation.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It turns out that an awful lot of people like the look and feel of a well crafted swiss time piece and will pay more money for them than for the latest i watch
I'll settle for the Seiko i got for my 17th birthday,still going strong when i wear it.
09-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Yes, for me a bit of both....out to shoot a PS landscape session,then back to the digital manipulation.

I'll settle for the Seiko i got for my 17th birthday,still going strong when i wear it.
I got a $15 watch from K-mart. It lasted a year.

My family weren't into permanence.

09-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #65
Pentaxian

I got a $15 watch from K-mart. It lasted a year
Some cheap watches last longer, i have used a$5 el cheapo that was waterproof for when i'm surfing.They were good.Not sure how long it lasted but i went to get another and they didnt sell them anymore...SWEDA was the brand,i'm sure i got 3-4-5 years out of it.Bang for buck.
09-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Some cheap watches last longer, i have used a$5 el cheapo that was waterproof for when i'm surfing.They were good.Not sure how long it lasted but i went to get another and they didnt sell them anymore...SWEDA was the brand,i'm sure i got 3-4-5 years out of it.Bang for buck.
Mine was labelled shockproof, but I forgot to take it off during a pick up volleyball game.It got between my downward moving arm and the ball during a spike. It didn't turn out to be terribly shockproof.
09-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It's funny that when I was a kid, I thought that digital watches were going to take over the world, particularly calculator watches. It turns out that an awful lot of people like the look and feel of a well crafted swiss time piece and will pay more money for them than for the latest i watch.

Well, also you dont have to charge it every night, and go months/years with out having to worry about the battery too.