Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Where do you post your photos?

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new on here but I'm just wondering where everyone uploads their photos to for public viewing? Right now I am only on Flickr.

Thanks for any feedback - much appreciated!

Pat

09-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Flickr primarily. Luke Kowand | Flickr but using Instagram more and more and more. I typically will post the whole image set form a shoot to Flickr, then do daily highlights on instagram when I'm in the mood. Facebook I usually post the odd one here or there, but I've moved most of my photography posting to Instagram and share out.

I used to use 500px a lot too, but too lazy to upload to multiple placed.

I tried a fun one today, uploaded a few photos to imagur, instagram, flickr, facebook. Sat back and watched what happened and how different the responses were:

Flickr - nothing (not surprising as I didn't tag them)
Facebook - moderate response
Instagram - near instant 25 likes, averaging a few likes an hour now with the odd comment.
Imagur - downvoted like crazy and trolled lol --- edit: the trolling is hilarious!!! Sure they are ripping my photos apart looking for anything to rip on, but I'm just sitting here laughing at the stupidity.

Last edited by Wired; 09-26-2017 at 02:41 PM.
09-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

flickr for me.... my flickr page is in my sigline....
09-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All my new stuff goes to SmugMug, whereto viewers are referred when they go to my custom domain needacreate.com.

Am re-editing older images as well and migrating them there.

Moved to SmugMug for customizability and its focus on images and second-to-none display quality. Have never looked back since I did.

09-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Try National Geographic Your Shot. They have regular assignments.
09-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Primarily Flickr, but a few on Viewbug, 500px, Fine Art America, and Instagram. Too many places. I used to use Photobucket but it turned into a disaster.
09-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Just Flickr for me.

09-26-2017, 04:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Flickr is the best out of everything I've tried.

Instagram is fun for interacting, but so low-res --- I like it for selfies, mostly. ;-)
09-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Instragram and on my own website. I can get a larger audiance on IG and link them to my site and FB. Some time make new friends, meet in person and go out for shooting.
09-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I just do Flickr but have thought about SmugMug, I've heard good things about them. I should look into it more on a rainy day when I'm stuck inside.
09-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mostly Flickr, but I post some to Youpic too. Youpic has a smaller user base than 500px and a lot less begging for likes. Oh, and PPG too, even though it takes 4 months for a photo to be voted in now...
09-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Flickr and 500px. I did like YouPic but then they changed their format to get more paying customers. They started taking away things and constantly adjusted the software to ensure that if you pay you will get lots of attention and if you don't, you won't.

I also do Facebook but mostly for the fun of it in certain groups. For example local groups for abandoned themed images are a great place to get locations and ideas.

Google Plus is worth considering. I was there and then drifted away but I don't know why.
09-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I post my photo's here.

Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com

Clarence
09-29-2017, 07:49 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I use Flickr primarily. Luke Kowand | Flickr but using Instagram more and more and more. I typically will post the whole image set form a shoot to Flickr, then do daily highlights on instagram when I'm in the mood. Facebook I usually post the odd one here or there, but I've moved most of my photography posting to Instagram and share out.

I used to use 500px a lot too, but too lazy to upload to multiple placed.

I tried a fun one today, uploaded a few photos to imagur, instagram, flickr, facebook. Sat back and watched what happened and how different the responses were:

Flickr - nothing (not surprising as I didn't tag them)
Facebook - moderate response
Instagram - near instant 25 likes, averaging a few likes an hour now with the odd comment.
Imagur - downvoted like crazy and trolled lol --- edit: the trolling is hilarious!!! Sure they are ripping my photos apart looking for anything to rip on, but I'm just sitting here laughing at the stupidity.
Thanks for the feedback Clarence. I have been posting on here also now that I am a member.

Pat

---------- Post added 09-29-17 at 07:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
I just do Flickr but have thought about SmugMug, I've heard good things about them. I should look into it more on a rainy day when I'm stuck inside.
I don't have access to Instragram - wish I did. Smug Mug has nothing going on - no groups, no contests etc. I just got rid of them. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate it! Pat
09-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghostlyfour Quote
Thanks for the feedback Clarence. I have been posting on here also now that I am a member.

Pat[COLOR="Silver"]
Who's Clarence? misquote? haha