Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2017, 04:44 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best eBay listing for Pentax gear EVER

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Every time I see this listing I have a little chuckle.

Pentax ZX-60 (MZ-60) 35mm film camera, 35-80mm zoom and 70-300mm macro zoom; bag | eBay

I thank the seller for the smile he gives me. All the best on your sale.

10-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Canadian postage sure is expensive.
10-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Canadian postage sure is expensive.
Nothing but the finest service! A Government of Canada employee books a flight and delivers it personally to your door!

(Seriously, that rate does seem to be a tad on the high side. Sigh.)
10-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$23.25 to Vancouver, sounds about right to me considering the weight of the package.

Phil.

10-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
1. Just to play the devil's advocate, one has the right to ask what he wants (inside certain limits) for sending the item. It might not be the sole cost of postage, since if you live far away from a post-office you have to factor-in time and gas, just to make an example.

2. As I'm sure you know, postage is not subject to ebay fees, so... ;-)
10-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi all, I was referring to the selfie using a film camera to demonstrate the camera works, not the postage. Imagine the effort required to take a selfie with a film camera, get the film processed, doctor it with 'selfie .....' and then list the camera. Doesn't anyone find this hilarious?
10-01-2017, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Hi all, I was referring to the selfie using a film camera to demonstrate the camera works, not the postage. Imagine the effort required to take a selfie with a film camera, get the film processed, doctor it with 'selfie .....' and then list the camera. Doesn't anyone find this hilarious?
I thought it was very funny. There's a lot of chutzpah in it.

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of the 21 year old who buys it coz, y'know, film like granddad used to use is way cool, right? Hey granddad where's the wifi? And I can't find the selfie button.

10-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I'm trying to imagine the reaction of the 21 year old who buys it coz, y'know, film like granddad used to use is way cool, right? Hey granddad where's the wifi? And I can't find the selfie button.
Yep, right on. There are so many dimensions to this. I think this is a wonderful example of how the human brain has applied a technology in a quirky manner - we (pentaxians) really are a quirky mob
10-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Nothing but the finest service! A Government of Canada employee books a flight and delivers it personally to your door!

(Seriously, that rate does seem to be a tad on the high side. Sigh.)
Canadian postage *is* very expensive. In towns in the US near the Canadian border, people rent "Canadian Post Office Boxes", which means you can have things delivered to a post office box in the US, with significantly cheaper shipping, and you come across the border and pick it up. Similarly, I have encountered people who have an office just across the border in the US to mail things out to customers in the US.