Next Camera

When is Pentax coming out with the next New camera

10-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bad Quote
When is Pentax coming out with the next New camera
Your guess is as good as mine, but I would say "soon".

The Theta V just came out, next in line we'll probably see a high-end APS-C body, followed by a new 645 body, with maybe a new product line in between? As much as they keep resisting mirrorless, it's only a matter of time before they'll have to re-enter the market with something a bit more broadly appealing than the Q.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #3

There was a report on another Forum that a Pentax representative on a Facebook interview said that they will release a new full frame next year, speculation that this would be a K-3 III
10-20-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
There was a report on another Forum that a Pentax representative on a Facebook interview said that they will release a new full frame next year, speculation that this would be a K-3 III
You lost me at "Pentax representative".

10-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
If it is Full Frame did you mean K-1 II? Also as Adam stated I think they really need a new APS-C flagship first.
10-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You lost me at "Pentax representative".

"On Facebook someone was talking to Ricoh Rep at a show in USA, he was told it looks like the 50 and 85 will be out next year as they have been concentrating on their Theta camera this year.

There was also mention of two new cameras coming next year. One full frame.

This seemed a very genuine conversation. Also mentioned that there are no issues with Ricoh as a company and all is going well, as opposed to other statements made."
10-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This all sounds very good, but hope it's not what we refer to in the computer world as "vaporware". I think the sales guys will always say business is good, because who wold want to buy from a company that is in trouble? Fingers crossed we have some nice new items to satisfy the LBA and GAS, which I happily find is a recurring issue.

10-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #8

hmm... could be sooner,
could be a bit later...

as late as the coming spring.... (April 2018??)
or maybe RICOH play X-mas crasher with a new FF model.

... about FF... I have not heard so much rumors, but I remember a discussion, where, kenspo(northern europe ambassador) answered in that
"hahaha... wait till you see, pal"-way when somebody stated, that we may not see a full frame any time soon.