Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am still holding out for Keurig support. Sorry, but that is a deal-breaker for me.

Steve
Only to be used with AW OR WR lenses. Lol.

11-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd love to see an OVF with projected focus peaking lines on the screen to aid manual focus lenses as well as face detection using the OVF.

An aps-c or FF mirrorless body with a new mount, an included K adapter with a built in aperture lever, AF motor for screw drive lenses, and support for SDM as well.

A FF Ricoh GR with WR and a built in viewfinder for under $1000. Heck I'd take aps-c for that one...

Or hell, how about a full 6x7 frame digital. 67D anyone? Full support for legacy lenses along with a new line of autofocus WR lenses. Definitely not mirrorless, but with a big bright OVF with interchangeable finders optimized for manual focus and separate finders/screens for autofocus lenses.
11-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

K1 follower with 36 MPix backlight sensor,
Noise levels decreased by 2 ISO-steps 400 as good as 100 800 as 200
Dynamic range the same with ISO
Lowest possible ISO 25
Bus transfer speed at least 150 MB/sec when writing to the SDXC
raw buffer increased at least by a factor of two
continuous writing of raw files to the cards without interruptions at 6.5 pic/s and limitations
API Interface user programmable
Full functioning remote Interface, with all functions of the camera available

The same for the K3 follow up
11-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-5 III Club Edition
Basically a mashup of the KP and K-5 IIS, mostly.
16mpix like all K-5's.
No AA filter.
KP AF and high-ISO performance.
Dual SD slots.
Integrated Wi-Fi.
Integrated Bluetooth
Burst rate and buffer improvements to at least KP levels if not beyond.
Focus peaking projected in OFV to aid in use of manual focus lenses.
Longer than 30 second exposure without a remote.
Smartphone tethering via wireless.
An actual ad campaign with tag lines like "K-5 III gets you connected" or "real life happens in the dark".

11-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
That's easy. K-02, full frame edition.

Also an update to give all capable cameras focus peaking while recording and OGPS support.

I've never had an issue with my K-01 in the extremely bright sun of Florida. And I mainly use manual lenses. The K-01 to a lot of people just looks weird.
The K-01 looks remarkably similar to a Leica Digilux, which is hipster sacrilege.

11-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Didn't even have to think about it: the K1000D. An exact digital clone of the K1000, with all the same manual controls in all the same places. . . right down to a shutter that you have to cock by throwing the thumb wind. No autofocus and no LCD screen on the back either: raw only, with the white balance set to daylight and no option to change it. Basically a Pentax equivalent of that special edition digital M that Leica made a couple of years back.
I vote for a digital Auto 110 perhaps using the "Q" lenses.
11-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #22
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
Then a mirrorless camera that can be used with K-mount lenses.
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
We have one of those already - the K-01 - but I think a lot of people got put off by the absence of an eyepiece viewfinder for use on sunny days that wash out the back screen. It's a tiny little thing that's just made for the DA Limited primes, but that lack of an EVF is a deal-breaker for me. Until Pentax/Ricoh sort out their technical aversion to EVF on K-mount, I don't think that experiment will be repeated. When/if this is sorted out, I expect it to do very, very well.
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
The K-01 to a lot of people just looks weird.
Just don't let an Australian anywhere near the design team for the K-02. Don't need design cues from an outback dunny (toilet).

11-29-2017, 02:29 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You have all been fooled by the leaks...

What Ricoh has actually planned is that the K1000D is a K-01 replacement mirrorless.

What looks like a traditional prism finder is actually the new Q body mounted in its dock to be used as the eye-level finder for the larger body.

-Eric
11-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Anything new and 100% reliable that I could afford - a camera costing twice my pension is obscene.
11-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Autofocus, AutoDoF, AutoComposition, AutoZoom and AutoExposures systems that read the mind of the user and accurately and instantly adjusts the camera accordingly, ensuring perfect photographs every time. This will eliminate the need to scroll through hundreds of images in Lightroom and also will eliminate Post Processing entirely and best of all eliminate all those posts on this forum and elsewhere complaining of Pentax Focus problems.
11-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Now that wearable electronics is becoming a thing (Stanford Wearable Electronics Initiative),
how about a flexible sensor that self-focuses by conforming to the surface of maximum contrast behind the lens?

No more problems with field curvature from your favorite wide-angle!
11-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Digital 67II with detachable vf (when vf is unattached you have waistlevel view), K-1 style rear lcd, new mount that is sensor shaped where lenses just slide into a rail and lock in place, mirrorless, lcd shutter and lens iris, and first lens has ability for stereoscopic images (plus support in firmware), pixel shift and astrotracer as well. Cost under $5k
11-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Digital 67II
OM NOM NOM STORAGE SPACE.

You should perhaps wish for multi-terabyte XQD cards at the same time; at least three slots.

---------- Post added 29-11-17 at 21:41 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Only to be used with AW OR WR lenses. Lol.
Will need next-gen breakthroughs in shake reduction too.
11-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am still holding out for Keurig support. Sorry, but that is a deal-breaker for me.

Steve
LOL! Love it!

And the body comes with a starter kit: 6 K-cups loaded with the finest Caffenol.
11-29-2017, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #30

A mirrorless (K-02) with an EVF and in K mount I do not care if it is wider than a Sony.