Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got an email from Adorama today for "Over-stocking stuffers", and it's kinda interesting looking at what's over stocked and being discounted - these links may expire, so listed the Brand/model counts for each category:

DSLRs: "https://www.adorama.com/g/stocking-stuffers/%252foverstock%252fl%252fCameras%252fDigital-SLR-Cameras/"

Canon (8)
Nikon (13)
Sigma (1)

Mirrorless: "https://www.adorama.com/g/stocking-stuffers/%252foverstock%252fl%252fCameras%252fMirrorless-Cameras/"

Canon (1)
Fuji (10)
Leica (4)

and the top level link to it all: "https://www.adorama.com/g/stocking-stuffers/%252foverstock%252fl%252f%253f%253d/"

No Pentax, Olympus, or Sony, and mostly Canon, Nikon and Fuji

Last edited by clickclick; 12-16-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: fixing links
12-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here it is campaign prices on almost all Pentax cameras.
Systemkamera - B
10 SEK = 1€
Note that K3II is gone (also on the other major site), New K3 next year?
Who wants to buy 645Z for 9690 € when 645 with 55 / 2.8 costs 6990 €.
It's Sweden, SRS in UK only has K3II without lens;
PENTAX DSLR Cameras | SRS Microsystems
12-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have always assumed that Pentax seldom had major price reductions because of their relatively low volume sales overall. Today, I visited Barnes & Noble to buy a photo magazine. I was disappointed during my search by a couple of things. First, US produced publications have almost faded out of the picture. (sorry for that) The one US publication I found was an old favorite of mine, "Outdoor Photographer". It was the thinnest of eight to ten photo magazines there. It was an almost anemic representation of it former self. The majority of the publications were from Canada and England and they were very good for the most part. I spent some time looking through the photo magazines in order to decide which one was going to get my $12. In doing so, I saw lots of good ads. Many ads were full page such as Tamron's. Many others were less than full page. But, most of the competitors in the photography equipment market were represented. Except for one. Pentax had no advertising that I could find in my brief survey. If Pentax sales volume could be increased, they then might be able to have some significant promotional pricing. I met a young Cannon using pro at an air show who only vaguely recalled Pentax. (I am a Pentax user since 1968)

---------- Post added 12-20-17 at 05:05 PM ----------

I forgot where I was going there. Without a consistent and visible marketing program, I don't think much progress in sales will be realized.
12-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got a promo buying guide email from Adorama for "top 11 interchangeable lens digital cameras for beginners", and the K70 is on the list and used as the first image in the article - nice to see:

Buying Guide: 11 Top Interchangeable-Lens Digital Cameras for Beginners - ALC

12-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Just got a promo buying guide email from Adorama for "top 11 interchangeable lens digital cameras for beginners", and the K70 is on the list and used as the first image in the article - nice to see:

Buying Guide: 11 Top Interchangeable-Lens Digital Cameras for Beginners - ALC
They must of heard us talking. Good for us and good for Adorama.