Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Would you buy a digital photo frame?
#1 Yes. 1434.15%
#2 No. 2765.85%
#3 If you voted "Yes" above, would you be more likely to buy a rectangular or a square photo frame? 1126.83%
#4 If you voted "No" above, would you vote yes if square photo frames were an option? 921.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2018, 08:13 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll take 12 please. I'm looking to set up a Fahrenheit 451 style parlour.

I have to celebrate any piece of tech that gets us closer to the dystopian future depicted in the novels I read in my youth.

02-08-2018, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
What I need is a piece of wallboard, something to replace a whole 8' piece of sheetrock. The entire thing is a 4K display. Whatever image dimensions you have it will display in full resolution, with the rest of visible area of the device calibrated to match the color of the surrounding walls.
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The technology is not quite there yet. But almost.
Seventy Series LCD Display Wall (55") - LCD Display Wall - Products - Display Wall - MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC
Or better yet,
Samsung Unveils ?The Wall,? the World?s First Modular MicroLED 146-inch TV – Samsung Global Newsroom
Now, if they could make a wall like that which could mimic a real wall - that is, emit just the amount of light that a "dead" wall would reflect under varying light conditions. If cephalopods can do it, why don't we
02-18-2018, 12:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So, results. 1/3 of respondents would buy a digital photo frame, 2/3 would not.
Of those who would buy a digital photo frame, 78% said they'd buy a rectangular one. Therefore, 22% of the 33% would buy a square photo frame. That's roughly 7% of those who would buy a digital photo frame.

What's interesting too, is that 1/3 of those who said no to a digital photo frame could be persuaded to change their vote if a square frame was available to purchase. That's roughly 1/3 of 2/3 so 22% of respondents. That would seem to indicate that, all up, roughly 29% of respondents would be open to the idea of a square photo frame.
02-18-2018, 01:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Dunno how many others responded to the second part, I did as I would like to display square images for gallery reasons - could be a marginal market for museum/art gallery display if they were high enough quality.

02-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So, results. 1/3 of respondents would buy a digital photo frame, 2/3 would not.
Of those who would buy a digital photo frame, 78% said they'd buy a rectangular one. Therefore, 22% of the 33% would buy a square photo frame. That's roughly 7% of those who would buy a digital photo frame.

What's interesting too, is that 1/3 of those who said no to a digital photo frame could be persuaded to change their vote if a square frame was available to purchase. That's roughly 1/3 of 2/3 so 22% of respondents. That would seem to indicate that, all up, roughly 29% of respondents would be open to the idea of a square photo frame.
Mark, Thanks for conducting the poll and deciphering the results. I still seem to be in the minority when it comes to valuing consistent image sizing above all else. I honestly thought that being a visual art photographers would be more concerned with the images themselves rather than the unused screen surrounding them. It seems that the majority of respondents are concentrating on the hole in the donut instead of the whole donut. Thanks again for your help.
Sal
02-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sal R Quote
Mark, Thanks for conducting the poll and deciphering the results. I still seem to be in the minority when it comes to valuing consistent image sizing above all else. I honestly thought that being a visual art photographers would be more concerned with the images themselves rather than the unused screen surrounding them. It seems that the majority of respondents are concentrating on the hole in the donut instead of the whole donut. Thanks again for your help.
Sal
You're most welcome Sal.