Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
February 20th New USA Copyright Regs Go Into Effect

Plan Ahead: Copyright Office Electronic Registration System

Copyright Office Releases New Applications for Registrations

I've got a couple hundred images I'm dropping everything to register before these changes kick in on Feb 20. After that, it will be harder to register copyrights on groups of photos (the new required spreadsheet template is confusing to me).

02-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It seems like the only way it will be "harder" is that you can only register 750 at a time?

There is also a phone app (or two) that makes it very easy to register photos for copyright. I'm not sure if the rules changing will affect those types of apps or not?
02-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Leekil, I have not yet taken the tine to read everything.

One change that I'm not keen on will be the requirement to complete a spread sheet where you will be required to enter information on each of your photos. I'm not a spread sheet/Exel type of guy.
02-12-2018, 10:13 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
When you read the links you posted, you will be pleased to find that you don't have to use spreadsheets; they just provide those to assist you in collecting your required data for submission (title, file name, photo date, etc.).

02-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Making a mess of copyright law. They must be worried about keeping their jobs to have come up with this. Must submit the images by disc, thumbdrive or by uploading! along with titles, dates etc. How could someone who has a max upload speed of 1Mbps upload hundreds of images to what will probably be a pokey government server? Brilliant bureaucrats strike again. Not law, but regulations created by unelected officials.