QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Well done Ken! 4 years of contant fight to bring more pros to our system
Thank you! I will keep on in good spirit! hehe
03-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Not sure how big day this is. But today its 4 years since I left Nikon and signed for Ricoh
Happy Anniversary!
03-02-2018, 05:59 AM   #19

Here's to another four years!

I think everybody is glad for your decision, even your haters here (gives 'em something to hate).

03-02-2018, 06:01 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Happy Anniversary!
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Here's to another four years!

I think everybody is glad for your decision, even your haters here (gives 'em something to hate).
Hehe..I dont bother about haters anymore. Waste of energy. I just use the ignore button of needed
03-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Congratulations... And congratulations to us as well. The Pentax community is better for having you
The leaks don't hurt either
03-02-2018, 06:25 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Congratulations... And congratulations to us as well. The Pentax community is better for having you
The leaks don't hurt either
Hehe..Thank you! Will do my best continue this journey!

03-02-2018, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Not sure how big day this is. But today its 4 years since I left Nikon and signed for Ricoh
Congrats. Close to same time frame I left Canon!
03-02-2018, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Congrats... Kenspo, may be at least 2 more terms..
03-02-2018, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Keep up the good job and keep on rattling cages wherever you can.
03-02-2018, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Kenspo! I know being a presence on this forum has not always been easy for you. There are a surprising number of people who just seem to be here to spread negativity for one reason or another. And often you end up being the focus of that. Perhaps that is just the internet? Maybe those people are just as negative in real life, but there people can just walk away from them and not listen.

Just remember that for every negative poster there 10 positive ones here that might not post as much but do read. Your comments and insights are appreciated and I think we are just getting started with Pentax. Looking forward to another 4 years.
03-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Ken. A question that's been on my mind for a while...

Is there a clause in your contract that says you have to publish a certain amount of images every X number of days?
03-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Congratulations!
My question is, why did you leave nikon?
03-02-2018, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Congratulations Kenspo! I know being a presence on this forum has not always been easy for you. There are a surprising number of people who just seem to be here to spread negativity for one reason or another. And often you end up being the focus of that. Perhaps that is just the internet? Maybe those people are just as negative in real life, but there people can just walk away from them and not listen.

Just remember that for every negative poster there 10 positive ones here that might not post as much but do read. Your comments and insights are appreciated and I think we are just getting started with Pentax. Looking forward to another 4 years.
Thank you! It got to me more in the beginning then now. Learned to just overlook them most of the times..In some cases I used the ignore button latest in this thread I was called a fake Im pretty sure I'm still here in 4 years time

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Congratulations Ken. A question that's been on my mind for a while...

Is there a clause in your contract that says you have to publish a certain amount of images every X number of days?
No, no limits on that sometimes when I tour with a band, the limitation is that I need to let them use pics first..thats it

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Congratulations!
My question is, why did you leave nikon?
I had a lot of talk with them, they helped me a lot. But never wanted me as ambassador cause they said a rock photographer wasn't something good for that + that Ricoh wanted me to do something different then the others and came in and offered me a contract..And I liked the plans they had for the future (back then at least) In this area it has been so much success, that all the others suddenly wanted music photographers too..Even Nikon
03-03-2018, 02:55 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I liked the plans they had for the future (back then at least)
Have they significantly changed? I get the impression that they've taken their time to look at what they bought and are trying to strengthen the offer on all fronts. The only issue I would have withem is their caution about investment in Pentax - but then again, I've never built up a company to one having a couple of billion US$ revenue, so I'm not going to criticise