Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How much time do you spend voting in the Pentax Photo Gallery?
I don't use or vote in the PPG 2365.71%
I use but don't vote in the PPG 411.43%
15 minutes or less a week 617.14%
More than 15 minutes but less than 30 a week   00%
30 minutes or more but less than 1 hour a week 25.71%
Slightly more than 1 hour a week   00%
A lot more than 1 hour a week   00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is a rough site at this point that needs both better curation and just general updating if it really is to show case Pentax glass and gear.

My perspective in the distant past was that it was hard to get photos into it. After the voting process, there was some sort of review of the images by Pentax. It used to take three to four weeks per image. At some point, it changed and I think it went to a straight vote. Regardless, the number of photos accepted went way up. I was getting 8 or 9 out of 10 through and probably a lot of them weren't good enough to really deserve to be featured in some sort of an image gallery. Anyway, I gave up on it awhile ago as it was sort of a joyless experience. There's no feedback -- positive or negative, the site is slow, and as I said before, they've made it too easy to get images in. It is a lot more enjoyable just to post photos on the Pentax Forum and interact with what (I hope) are real people, although for all I know, you all are just Russian bots...

03-11-2018, 03:32 AM   #17
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
although for all I know, you all are just Russian bots...
If this were true Comrade Vincent, how would you explain Kerrowdown?
03-11-2018, 04:53 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
If this were true Comrade Vincent, how would you explain Kerrowdown?
That is the sort of question that my algorithms cannot compute.

Next question please...