Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How much time do you spend voting in the Pentax Photo Gallery?
I don't use or vote in the PPG 2365.71%
I use but don't vote in the PPG 411.43%
15 minutes or less a week 617.14%
More than 15 minutes but less than 30 a week   00%
30 minutes or more but less than 1 hour a week 25.71%
Slightly more than 1 hour a week   00%
A lot more than 1 hour a week   00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How much time do you spend voting in the PPG?

How much time do you guys spend voting for pictures in the Pentax Photo Gallery?

I've used it before a long time ago but ended up quitting.I have just recently started truly using PPG now.

Whenever I hop on to see if my pictures get accepted or rejected, I always go to vote afterward. I would estimate that I will be spending time voting a total of 30-45 minutes a week based on how I am doing now.

03-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have looked at it a few times when members here reference their images making the cut, but I did not realize that I could vote also.
03-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't believe you can vote unless you're a member of PPG (Pentax Photo Gallery) not affiliated with PentaxForums.
03-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I have looked at it a few times when members here reference their images making the cut, but I did not realize that I could vote also.
SSGGeezer, that's how people get their photos accepted, is by other members voting thumbs up or thumbs down. LOL. On your Dashboard on the PPG, you should see "Vote On Photos", click that then you can vote.

03-05-2018, 12:41 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax have lost interest in the PPG, so have I
03-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I vote about once a month. 15-30 minutes total.
03-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I use to. I have not use it in a couple of years. Seems like it always took 30 days to get images accepted.

03-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
How much time do you spend voting in the PPG?
I didn't even realise it was still on the go... months seem to go by without updates or so it seemed.
03-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I didn't even realise it was still on the go... months seem to go by without updates or so it seemed.
It takes 4 - 5 months to get a photo approved these days.
03-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #10
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still no K-1, K70, KP or the newer D-FA lenses. I shoot with a K-1 now and use a number of unlisted D-FA lenses, therefore I can no longer correctly attribute my images with the capture information to current Pentax equipment.

So to my mind there not much relevance having a Pentax gallery without the latest iterations of Pentax hardware.

I'll come back and vote if they're added as again I'd see a point to it. As it stands it seems stagnant so instead I have to ask myself why I've not removed all my images before the PPG suddenly disappears.

Apologies for being a Negative Nancy but that's my current relationship with a site I used to take pride in being a part of.
03-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote

Whenever I hop on to see if my pictures get accepted or rejected, I always go to vote afterward..
I do that as well, but sometimes it takes way too long for it to go to the next photo after you vote on one. Then I just move on. Yesterday I was on there trying to vote and it was taking about 25-30 seconds for the next photo to appear after you voted on one. I voted on several because sometimes it will get faster if you stay with it, but that was not happening.

I have a few photos that I submitted back in November that still say "Artists voting".
03-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Zero, that site died ages ago. Nice idea but Pentax let it go
03-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I remember when it was announced and caused quite a stir: Pentax Photo Gallery (dot com): Digital Photography Review
Back then it had a very modern interface and the photo's featured were of high quality.

Nowadays it's outdated (very slow) and seems like all photo's are accepted. IMHO it's time for an overhaul with PPG2. I posted 2 images last month, still waiting to be accepted...
03-06-2018, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a very slow site. If it was quicker to view and vote, I'd spend more time on it.
03-10-2018, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have used it in the past but have neglected to do for ages.
Logged in two days ago and have “wasted” a couple of hours voting. I am somewhat bemused at some of the images submitted. I would reject 7-8 out of 10 I guess on average. Often 20 or more variants of the same scene. It gets quite tedious. Bad and I mean bad composition is probably the worst “crime” followed by poor focus, lack of an identifiable subject, then exposure issues. Out of the images approved since I started voting again I reckon I voted on 3/4 of them, and voted against most of them. What does that say about my judgement? But anyway we all start somewhere. Every now and the a true gem pops up and I wish I could vote twice