Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Brand Ambassadors- Does Pentax have any?

Nikon has them. Canon has them. Olympus has them. Everyone has them. Does Pentax do it? If so, who are they? If not, why not?

03-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I believe our very own Kenspo is one.
03-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I believe our very own Kenspo is one.
So there are some? I never read/ see anything about them. I am exposed to plenty of them through various media sources who shoot for Fuji, Olympus, Sony, Canon, Nikon but have yet to see anything from a Pentax shooter.
03-08-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, apparently it's a secret.

03-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Brand ambassadors are hired on a per country or language area basis. You can find them on the local Ricoh-Imaging.*** sites

These are the ones for the US: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/index.php/ambassadors
03-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kenspo and Kerrick James are both 'brand ambassadors' and post here occasionally. Kenspo fairly regularly. Kerrick just posted some K-1 mkII pictures yesterday I think.
03-08-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yes, Ricoh/Pentax has brand ambassadors and yes, they are active in that role. One can usually find them at trade shows where Ricoh has a booth and in stores when Ricoh goes on tour. I actually met two (the surfer guy and someone else) several years ago when Pentax did a U.S. tour promoting the then-new K-7.

So, no reason for angst. They are out there.

Steve

03-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Yeah, apparently it's a secret.

Fortunately Google is our friend. "Pentax brand ambassador" turned up evidence that they exist.

Steve
03-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Kenspo and Kerrick James
I have met Kerrick (super nice guy) and had some discussions with Kenspo (very cordial and helpful guy also) a few years back. I am in the US. Wish we had more people like Kerrick who can spread the word about Pentax. Some of the other brands have lots of ambassadors (not all paid) who happily spread the word about the brand they love.

Question for Pentax, what would it take to strengthen the ambassador program? I for one would be happy to let everyone know how great my K1 and the lens that I have are. I am not a fulll-time pro but I get paid for my work. I have talked to the Pentax reps in various shows and suggested possible venues for additional exposure.

Not enough exposure... no wonder Pentax is the best kept secret in the photo industry!

Last edited by btnapa; 03-08-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: add
03-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kerrick James is one as has been mentioned. I'm hopefully doing a slot canyon workshop (Utah/Arizona) with him in May. My communications with him have been fantastic. Sounds like a great guy.
03-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am not fretting or concerned. I was just wondering why I never see or hear anything about the cameras. I see Nikon and Canon ambassadors on podcasts and social media (IG, for example) but I do not see any Pentax. I am followed, and regularly receive comments from a few different official Pentax accounts but finding other official Pentax photographers is something I do not see. I will search out the two listed.
03-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derelict Quote
I am not fretting or concerned. I was just wondering why I never see or hear anything about the cameras. I see Nikon and Canon ambassadors on podcasts and social media (IG, for example) but I do not see any Pentax. I am followed, and regularly receive comments from a few different official Pentax accounts but finding other official Pentax photographers is something I do not see. I will search out the two listed.
You'll find them posting pics and meet'n'greets on Ricoh's social networking sites, Derelict.

03-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derelict Quote
I will search out the two listed.
...or perhaps the four listed on the Ricoh/Pentax NA site linked above.

Steve
03-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Kerrick James is one as has been mentioned. I'm hopefully doing a slot canyon workshop (Utah/Arizona) with him in May. My communications with him have been fantastic. Sounds like a great guy.
Blackcloudbrew, Kerrick IS a great guy! I’m going on a private workshop to those same slot canyons starting on 3/20, my third one with him. We also plan to do night photography around Bryce/Grand Staircase Escalante and the south rim of the GC. We’ll be testing the K-1 Mk II and the DA*50 1.4 (and will compare it to my DA* 55). I’ll post a few of my best shots.

I highly recommend Kerrick James either for any of the AZ Highway workshops he leads or a private tour. Can’t wait��
03-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
Blackcloudbrew, Kerrick IS a great guy! I’m going on a private workshop to those same slot canyons starting on 3/20, my third one with him. We also plan to do night photography around Bryce/Grand Staircase Escalante and the south rim of the GC. We’ll be testing the K-1 Mk II and the DA*50 1.4 (and will compare it to my DA* 55). I’ll post a few of my best shots.

I highly recommend Kerrick James either for any of the AZ Highway workshops he leads or a private tour. Can’t wait��
Cool, ah, was communicating with him yesterday and go the feeling he was doing another trip soon. Have fun. Bryce is a favorite place of mine. What to know what you think of the DA*50 f1.4 too.