Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What Website Do You Use For Your Portfolio?

Hey. I am currently using Format and it's working well so far. I switched from Zenfolio to Format a few years back because Format's entry price was cheaper. Now that I Just checked again, Zenfolio's entry level is actually a lot cheaper now. But I am happy with Format and am going to stick with it for probably as long as I take photos. I am wondering, can you post your website and what are you using? My website can be found in my signature.

03-14-2018, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #2

I tried 500PX and Adobe but now I am just back to using the free version of Flickr. Photography is just a hobby for me so presentation doesn't really matter. And for a hobby, $8 for a 1000 images is too much. I suppose if you are selling photos a site like Format makes sense.
03-14-2018, 04:54 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
I tried 500PX and Adobe but now I am just back to using the free version of Flickr. Photography is just a hobby for me so presentation doesn't really matter. And for a hobby, $8 for a 1000 images is too much. I suppose if you are selling photos a site like Format makes sense.
Just cut back on fast food like 2 times a month and that'll be enough. I see that Zenfolio have a starting price of $5 a month which is very reasonable. Also I am a hobbyist myself and I have a portfolio. I don't really sell anything, I just enjoy having my own unique space to store and show my photos rather than Flickr or Photobucket or anything like that.
03-14-2018, 05:03 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been with zenfolio for some time. It works, and the back end for printing is easy to use when I need prints for customers.

Zigzag Mountain Art

03-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I've been with zenfolio for some time. It works, and the back end for printing is easy to use when I need prints for customers.

Zigzag Mountain Art
Your work are so rich and colorful!
03-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Just cut back on fast food like 2 times a month and that'll be enough. I see that Zenfolio have a starting price of $5 a month which is very reasonable. Also I am a hobbyist myself and I have a portfolio. I don't really sell anything, I just enjoy having my own unique space to store and show my photos rather than Flickr or Photobucket or anything like that.
I live in a rural area - the closest McDonalds is an hour away so I'm good there. I can see paying to have a portfolio that makes you feel good though, I have just started printing 13x19 to put on my wall. No one can see them on the computer. I love to show them off.
03-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use wix and flickr

03-14-2018, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I like zenfolio. they've been good to deal with through the years.

Mike Oria Photography
03-14-2018, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
I like zenfolio. they've been good to deal with through the years.

Mike Oria Photography
The dynamic range of your landscape photos are amazing. Can I ask what post processing software you use? Photoshop? Lightroom?
03-15-2018, 01:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I am currently using Format and it's working well so far
Actually i like your website. And it seems to integrate nicely a blog.
I use smugmug (in signature). The customizing options are quite extensive and nice but integrating a blog is not good nor easy. I did in a way, but it is not really a blog..
I'll check yours out further..
03-15-2018, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

I use smugmug. Its about 69€ per year. Like you, I also like to have my own space.
That is why I am not even on twitter and facebook to be drowned in so many pictures.
I have visited your site a couple of times. I think I was even there this week.
03-15-2018, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

The dynamic range of your landscape photos are amazing. Can I ask what post processing software you use? Photoshop? Lightroom?
thanks. my usual technique is a 2-exposure bracket(0 & -1.7ev) with manual blend. I use Nik Suite and Photoshop CC.
03-15-2018, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
Actually i like your website. And it seems to integrate nicely a blog.
I use smugmug (in signature). The customizing options are quite extensive and nice but integrating a blog is not good nor easy. I did in a way, but it is not really a blog..
I'll check yours out further..
Hi Grispie. the blog is actually separate from blogger.com. I only added a link on my portfolio that externally brings you to the blog. However Format does have their own blog section but I've never checked it out because I don't feel the need to as I already have my own blog already. There is a free trial for Format, you can always check out their built-in blog that way.

Browsing your portfolio, I can also tell that your wildlife shots are legit, unlike mine which is from the zoo. You must travel a lot, you are a very talented wildlife photographer.

Last edited by LeDave; 03-15-2018 at 10:34 AM.
03-15-2018, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

you are a very talented wildlife photographer.
Funny you say so. First time i really went for wildlife. I was pretty happy with them, yes. Although i quickly learned the constraints to really capture wildlife: observation time! most of my snaps are pretty static.
I think the pictures say a lot about the quality of the da55 300..
03-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
What did you think of Adobe Portfolio? I'd like something that integrates nicely with Lightroom and looks at least semi-professional. I've been on Flickr and 500px, but I don't want/need the social piece for my portfolio that those two have.