Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2018, 09:04 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Post Your Own Photography Words to Inspire Others

I'll start with a few of mine,

"In photography there is no such thing as being the best. I am continually growing and learning and there are no limit. No other are better than another, every photographer have their own unique identity by the way they visualize and capture time. It's not always about how skilled they are to photograph the perfect exposure, it's often mostly about the story behind why they captured the photograph. These reasons are the beauty of photography."

"To me, my best pictures are my worst ones. My worst pictures are what gives me the ability to take great ones. Without my mistakes and often poor vision, I cannot stem and grow into making my photographs into something beautiful."

03-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
"If I could tell things, I would not have to take everywhere to carry camera"
03-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
“Take pride in knowing you made it when you are told you must have a really great camera.”
03-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photographs have more shelf life compared to many things in life. This is true in spite of the capturing, storing and viewing them in digital format.

03-22-2018, 01:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

“While I am a reasonably good technical photographer, the artistry that makes a photo stand out comes less naturally. My wife is exactly the opposite, in that she has a wonderful eye for a photograph, and while some of her iPhone images are stunning, she is unconcerned about whether the exposure or sometimes even focus is correct as long as the image is aesthetically pleasing. So I strive for pleasing aesthetic photos that are technically good, and that is always a challenge.”
03-22-2018, 02:57 AM - 3 Likes   #6
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

"shoot every day - I mean every, single, damn, day - if you want to see progress in your art, if you want to know your camera like the back of your hand, if you want that lens to be an extension of your eye - shoot every day"
03-22-2018, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ledave Quote
post your own photography words to inspire others

WHAT 90% HOW 10%

WHAT ? : Memory from the 80's: My wife my friend

HOW ? No clue ! K1000?, ME Super? ,Bronika etr?, studio? , mounted flash? back drop ?
Can't remember !
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
COACH  Photo 

Last edited by honey bo bo; 03-28-2018 at 08:05 AM.
03-22-2018, 01:18 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I think back to what ultimately and most fundamentally compelled me to pick up photography myself, it would most likely have been marvelling at compelling photographs. So whenever people ask me to dispense with a piece of photographic wisdom, my first impulse is to show them a photograph or two I'm passionate about, and then let the talking start from there. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to talk about photography in intelligent, instructive, and rewarding ways, as proven by many such posts on this very forum, and from countless other sources that have informed my personal photographic journey.

However, the photographers I admire the most have primarily earned my respect through their work, not through their words (even if some of their famous or less famous quotes have stayed with me over the years). As someone who loves to and needs to create and share, I would always prefer to be remembered as a photographer, and not so much as a philosopher.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
03-22-2018, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #9
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Develop a code of ethics for your imagery - this does not have to comply with the opinion of others.
Mine is:
Celebrate the subject - not your ego.
and be true to the subject.
It is something to fall back on when you are editing.
03-22-2018, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I was laying in bed just now and reflecting back on my photography, I've thought of something and needed to write it down quick. So I got up and ran to my laptop and quickly wrote down how I truly feel just now.

"All the times I've wanted to quit and all the times I've wanted to leave, there's no reason to anymore. I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel and I've seen the road ahead and not just the turn to stop. When you look at someone else's photographs and see the excellent work they've done, it's easy to fill your head with fathom and envy. Do not discourage yourself with negative thoughts. Rather use what was negative as positive and see the inspiration and develop the desire to become a better photographer."

Last edited by LeDave; 03-22-2018 at 09:44 PM.
04-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #11
Banned

Having a photo booth at events is great and the pictures taken can also influence people to stay in harmony and without any discrimination.
04-17-2018, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #12
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

"The image is everything"
04-17-2018, 05:08 AM - 2 Likes   #13
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

" take photos for yourself first "

"remember if you don't try to capture the image with your camera, you have zero chance of success "

" practice, practice, practice "

" go back and review, your first reaction to the photo may be too critical "

" have fun "
04-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #14

"Capture the feelings."
04-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Point # 1) There is a good photograph to be had no matter where you are.

Parable -- William Henry Jackson was the first person to photograph places like what later became Yellowstone National Park. He used an 11" x 14" camera. All his negatives were made on glass plates that he had to carry around with him. On top of that he did it using the wet plate process. He had to mix his emulsion and coat the plate before each shot. He had to carry his darkroom around with him. Both to coat the plate and then develop the negative before it dried out because if the emulsion dried and hardened the image could not be developed Sometimes this was done on mountain tops in sub freezing temperatures.

Today we worry about the weight difference between a DSLR and a mirrorless camera. If Mr. Jackson could get the shot using the technology available to him at the time then any camera made in the last 75 years that is in good working order ought to be able to do it too. This brings me to.......

Point # 2) Learn to use the tools you have.