Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Photo Gallery (not the one here ... the "original" gallery) How do I download

I would like to find a way to download my own "Pentax Photo Gallery" pictures (the "old" gallery, and not the one here on this forum) if possible.
Once I log in there, there isn't a section allowing to do that.
Anyone knows something about this?

Thanks!

03-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to add photos or remove them?

If you're wanting to add photos, you use the upload icon. But if you want to remove what you have there, I don't know of a way to do that yet.

I think the only way is to delete them from your artists page, manage your gallery.

Last edited by photolady95; 03-23-2018 at 02:59 PM.
03-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to add photos or remove them?
Neither ... just to download MY own pictures from there to another (external) storage device.
03-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't think there is a way to do that. I just went to mine and tried right click to download or save as, and I got a message that artist had blocked downloads.

You still have your contact email for them, you could email and ask.

Did you lose the ones you uploaded? Did you not make a backup copy?

03-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I don't think there is a way to do that. I just went to mine and tried right click to download or save as, and I got a message that artist had blocked downloads.

You still have your contact email for them, you could email and ask.

Did you lose the ones you uploaded? Did you not make a backup copy?
I have the originals alright, but buried deep in a now-stored-away HDD.
No patience to get them
I did contact them as there is indeed an email "contact" but I'd be really surprised if I ever get a reply from them ... we shall see.

Cheers!
03-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I have the originals alright, but buried deep in a now-stored-away HDD.
No patience to get them
I did contact them as there is indeed an email "contact" but I'd be really surprised if I ever get a reply from them ... we shall see.

Cheers!
I wish you luck in getting an email back from them. However, when I said email contact, I was talking about the contact person you had when you joined PPG.
03-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't know about other browsers, but in Safari on Mac OS X I have the Develop menu enabled. In the develop menu there is a menu item called Show Page Resources. It's part of the Web Inspector. There is a folder called Images, and if you open it there are all the photos and their thumbnails...

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.20.22 PM.png
Views: 330
Size:  606.3 KB

You can double click the image to open it in a new window then right click to Save Image as...

03-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Can you save the displayed image direct from the web page?
03-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I don't know about other browsers, but in Safari on Mac OS X I have the Develop menu enabled. In the develop menu there is a menu item called Show Page Resources. It's part of the Web Inspector. There is a folder called Images, and if you open it there are all the photos and their thumbnails...

Attachment 392087

You can double click the image to open it in a new window then right click to Save Image as...
As they (Apple) stopped producing Safari for Windows a few years ago, I think this become an dead end.
I wonder now if there is another Windows-based browser which can act in a similar way.
03-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might be wrong, but chrome on windows, and probably other platforms can do the same;
check under More tools developer tools under the customize and control menu (three dots on the right)
03-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not quite as easy as Safari, but you can indeed do the same thing in Chrome...

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.57.29 AM.png
Views: 258
Size:  189.9 KB
03-24-2018, 07:39 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's not quite as easy as Safari, but you can indeed do the same thing in Chrome...

Attachment 392136
That seems to be the idea ... how do I get there from Chrome?
I've just opened/logged in to Pentax Photo Gallery ... can't seem to find what you did.
Thanks!

Edit: OK, I got there alright but the saved pictures are only the thumbnail sized ones (about 60-65KB each).
I thought I would be able to get the originally uploaded pictures, not just the thumbnail.

Last edited by jpzk; 03-24-2018 at 07:57 AM.
03-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That seems to be the idea ... how do I get there from Chrome?
I've just opened/logged in to Pentax Photo Gallery ... can't seem to find what you did.
Thanks!

Edit: OK, I got there alright but the saved pictures are only the thumbnail sized ones (about 60-65KB each).
I thought I would be able to get the originally uploaded pictures, not just the thumbnail.
All of the full-size photos are available in Chrome for me.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 12.54.47 PM.png
Views: 257
Size:  230.0 KB
03-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A lot of sites resize on upload, so you may not get the real full sized image back.
03-24-2018, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
A lot of sites resize on upload, so you may not get the real full sized image back.

As far as I recall, PPG limited the size of uploadable JPEGs to a max of 15MB. Quite a few of my full-res K-3 JPEGs are considerably larger than that. Depending on the file size you uploaded yours, Jacques, wouldn't you get better quality, if you downloaded the said images from your Flickr?

Frankly, the idea of trying to use PPG to download "backlist" images has never crossed my mind before. After all, what's there is in many cases not even full-res, and it reflects the editing skills and software I brought to bear back then, both of which have evolved significantly since I last uploaded there. For me, it adds quite a bit to the attraction of digital, the way I can always grab an old DNG file and make it look as fresh as if I had only taken it yesterday. The results of such re-edits can be literally stunning.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 03-24-2018 at 01:19 PM.