Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17
New/Used Pentax DSLR Trusted Dealer

I am looking for a dealer (other than Adorama and B&H Photo Video) where I can purchase 2 new/used Pentax DSLR (K-70) bodies, assorted lenses and other accessories. I would like to find a dealer in the Midwest.

03-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,619
Dodd camera's website says they carry Pentax, but I have not seen Pentax in the couple of stores I've been in.
03-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,085
QuoteOriginally posted by nhlblues Quote
I am looking for a dealer (other than Adorama and B&H Photo Video) where I can purchase 2 new/used Pentax DSLR (K-70) bodies, assorted lenses and other accessories. I would like to find a dealer in the Midwest.
Are you looking for online or B&M?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-29-2018, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,052
where in the Mid West

Wolfe's Camera

Wolfe's Camera Shop

in Topeka KS is a very nice B & M store with great knowledgeable staff but the only Pentax gear they carry is what is in their trade in bin

I have seen genuine Pentax camera bodies, lenses and third party lenses for Pentax but it isn't advertised

they might look if you call them

03-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 1,079
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
where in the Mid West

Wolfe's Camera

Wolfe's Camera Shop
Wolfe's has always been a stand-up store. I can't image what I spent there before I moved away from the region. Friends would send me money to shop there for them. One of the few remaining brick & mortar stores around.

To some people, "midwest" means the industrial states like Indiana and Illinois, etc. To me, midwest means Kansas, Nebraska, etc.
03-29-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Alex645's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,568
QuoteOriginally posted by nhlblues Quote
I am looking for a dealer (other than Adorama and B&H Photo Video) where I can purchase 2 new/used Pentax DSLR (K-70) bodies, assorted lenses and other accessories. I would like to find a dealer in the Midwest.
Have you tried Creve Couer Camera in St. Louis? Their website says they carry K-70ʻs.

Digital Cameras - Creve Coeur Camera | Products
03-30-2018, 12:59 AM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Wolfe's has always been a stand-up store. I can't image what I spent there before I moved away from the region. Friends would send me money to shop there for them. One of the few remaining brick & mortar stores around.

To some people, "midwest" means the industrial states like Indiana and Illinois, etc. To me, midwest means Kansas, Nebraska, etc.
Thank you for the information. I am interested in purchasing two identical Pentax DSLR bodies, either K-1 or K-70, preferably used in excellent condition with shutter counts< 1,000 each. I would be open to purchasing K-5, K-5II or K-7 in similar condition.
03-30-2018, 01:01 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 635
Roberts camera in Indiana has Pentax new and used, but no K-70 used. Someone has to buy the camera and trade it in for there to be a used one available. Their website says that you can let them inform you if they get a particular product in.

03-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 407
QuoteOriginally posted by nhlblues Quote
Thank you for the information. I am interested in purchasing two identical Pentax DSLR bodies, either K-1 or K-70, preferably used in excellent condition with shutter counts< 1,000 each. I would be open to purchasing K-5, K-5II or K-7 in similar condition.


I've had good luck buying used from Roberts Camera / UsedPhotoPro in the past. Bought a K5II and a number of lenses over the past year or so.
03-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Roberts camera in Indiana has Pentax new and used, but no K-70 used. Someone has to buy the camera and trade it in for there to be a used one available. Their website says that you can let them inform you if they get a particular product in.
Thank you for the information. I will call them and see what they have in the used Pentax DSLR inventory.
03-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Alex645's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,568
QuoteOriginally posted by nhlblues Quote
I am interested in purchasing two identical Pentax DSLR bodies, either K-1 or K-70, preferably used in excellent condition with shutter counts< 1,000 each. I would be open to purchasing K-5, K-5II or K-7 in similar condition.
I think it would be extremely rare to find any Pentax for sale with less than 1000 actuations. I donʻt mean to be negative, but I donʻt think itʻs realistic.

Not that they donʻt exist, but Iʻd be highly suspicious if someone claims they had that low a shutter count. Also note that the EXIF data will read up to 9999 shots, and then I believe it rolls back over to 0000. So if it reads 0900, it could really be 10,900.

Someone please correct me if this is inaccurate.
04-01-2018, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #12
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter
SSGGeezer's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine, U.S.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,102
The counter tool here gives accurate info even when the exif data says 6,000, the tool said 16,000 when I uploaded a jpeg.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dealer, dslr, new/used pentax dslr, pentax
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract Having coffee with a trusted friend. Culture Post Your Photos! 9 08-18-2017 10:58 AM
Is the dealer locator complete? Is amazon.com an authorized US dealer? kwb Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 0 01-02-2017 12:05 PM
Can Photojournalism be Trusted? Winder Photographic Industry and Professionals 62 12-02-2015 06:58 PM
I can be trusted pbuysman Welcomes and Introductions 3 01-25-2009 04:02 PM
K20D review (Trusted Reviews UK) Adrian Owerko Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 04-20-2008 06:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top