Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
07-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Maybe it will get more love as a mystery.
Looks to me like your mystery pooper is a herbivore. Beyond that I don't recognize the formation and to be perfectly honest, I have no burning desire to figure it out, either. From my experience, excretement is more interesting in 3-D reality than in a 2-D photograph, so you aren't getting any love from me for this photo.

07-19-2018, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have renamed this from the last time I posted it in another part of the forum. Maybe it will get more love as a mystery.

Mmm. . . dark rye bread. . . my favourite. . .

Wait. . . what?
07-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Looks to me like your mystery pooper is a herbivore. Beyond that I don't recognize the formation and to be perfectly honest, I have no burning desire to figure it out, either. From my experience, excretement is more interesting in 3-D reality than in a 2-D photograph, so you aren't getting any love from me for this photo.
It is the taxonomy of the pile that is of interest. It is not like any creature normally found on Comb Ridge.
07-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is the taxonomy of the pile that is of interest. It is not like any creature normally found on Comb Ridge.
And just like that I'm sucked back in. What in the world?

07-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
And just like that I'm sucked back in. What in the world?
...Yup!
07-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is not like any creature normally found on Comb Ridge.
Well, it's not corprolite, so that rules out extinct creatures. Any pack mules in the area? I had no idea where Comb Ridge is, it looks like a relatively remote area with fossils, native ruins and interesting geology and you came back with a picture of dry dung?
07-20-2018, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Well, it's not corprolite, so that rules out extinct creatures. Any pack mules in the area? I had no idea where Comb Ridge is, it looks like a relatively remote area with fossils, native ruins and interesting geology and you came back with a picture of dry dung?
Oh, I have hundreds of pictures of those other things but it is easy to find pictures like that. I wanted to share something special!

07-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #68

Edom31, I totally see it. This is a great idea for a threat, enjoyable hidden beauty here. Some things only speak to your lower brain and not your preconceived perceptions of what is "good photography".
08-12-2018, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
This one is going in my portfolio even if nobody likes it.

08-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #70
Pentaxian

This may be by far my favorite photo I've ever taken (on an inanimate object). It was shot about 6 to 7 years ago, with a friend's point and shot (this photo led me to my K-50 purchase and DSLR-world).

I even made a 5x7 print of it and showcased it in my living room (it is moving to my office soon). Now, everytime someone saw it, they just asked "why do you have a picture of a wheelbarrow/garden utility wagon in the living room?"

I think what draws me the most to this shot is the red wheel in the back which stands alone, as well as the angled front wheels which align nicely with the whole shot.

Taken at the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum with a borrowed Nikon Coolpix P80.
08-20-2018, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
This may be by far my favorite photo I've ever taken (on an inanimate object). It was shot about 6 to 7 years ago, with a friend's point and shot (this photo led me to my K-50 purchase and DSLR-world).

I even made a 5x7 print of it and showcased it in my living room (it is moving to my office soon). Now, everytime someone saw it, they just asked "why do you have a picture of a wheelbarrow/garden utility wagon in the living room?"

I think what draws me the most to this shot is the red wheel in the back which stands alone, as well as the angled front wheels which align nicely with the whole shot.

Taken at the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum with a borrowed Nikon Coolpix P80.
I actually really like the grain and the fact that you have three distinct natural colours. I see what you mean about the wheel and I agree. It is nicely contrasty without any disharmony. OK, it wouldn't necessarily be my favourite but I certainly get it it is a genuinely nice picture
08-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I actually really like the grain and the fact that you have three distinct natural colours. I see what you mean about the wheel and I agree. It is nicely contrasty without any disharmony. OK, it wouldn't necessarily be my favourite but I certainly get it it is a genuinely nice picture
Thanks - LOL, yep I don't figure anyone else will see what I see in it (calling it my fav) - but thank you for the positive comment.
10-15-2018, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #73

Way back when, probably late 80s when my father was teaching me to shoot his old Nikromat, I saw something that caught my eye. I remember this was the first time I took the camera out, like beyond lessons. We went downtown (Baltimore, MD.) and I saw a reflection on a glass building of another building. Nothing special at all about it just than it looked neat at the time. So I had a slightly overexposed frame almost in focus of a random building reflected on another random building. But it was the first time I saw something and set up to capture it on film. And I was close enough to successful to catch what I saw. I'd find a way to upload it had I not lost it in a fire a while back.