Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nicholas Nixon retires from Massachusetts College of Art and Design

Sex, power, and photography. With Nicholas Nixon at MassArt classroom, how far is too far? - The Boston Globe

04-05-2018, 03:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've read the article. I'm not sure what's the topic here.... . I don't know the artistic value of that man , for sure it is, given the fact that he has a public position in education. From what I read , and just from that, some of the facts contested to him here in Italy would lead him directly to a jail for a zillion years. But I'm not a judge nor someone related to education or an artist, so I can't and won't judge , not from a news. For sure I will not be happy to see my doughter -or my son - coming home with such an assignment.
04-05-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bm75 Quote
I don't know the artistic value of that man.....
He's a very talented photographer, published a number of books and is most well known for his photo series, The Brown Sisters.

See Nicholas Nixon | MoMA
04-05-2018, 04:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bm75 Quote
. For sure I will not be happy to see my doughter -or my son - coming home with such an assignment.
Could not agree more.

As a former MassArt student, I am really saddened to see this one-of-a-kind institution allow people like this to tarnish its reputation. I attended Mass Art in the mid-80's and we had our share of weird instructors. It seems like MassArt is still attracting and employing misfits of the art world. We had a professor who was caught playing ping-pong with a student in one of the main passageways of the college. Nothing wrong with playing ping-pong other than the fact that they were both completely nude at the request of the professor. FYI, this same professor was fired by Boston University for similar vulgar behavior. I guess Mass Art has not changed much in 30 plus years.