Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #16
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
And she was preceded in the show by Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale, who left to take the role of Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.
Exactly, was Honor Blackman,
I remember also in the Columbo series the quintessentially English Macnee was cast as Captain Gibbon, head of a quintessentially English crew of the cruise ship in Troubled Waters in 1975.
I have the complete series of "Columbo" in italian was named "Colombo"

04-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Exactly, was Honor Blackman,. . .
three people from the Avengers TV show were in various Bond films:

"At least three principal actors in the series went on to appear in James Bond films: Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964), Diana Rigg (Contessa Teresa 'Tracy' Di Vicenzo Bond) in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) and Patrick Macnee as Sir Godfrey Tibbett in A View to a Kill (1985). "

The Avengers (TV Series 1961?1969) - Trivia - IMDb

only one costarred with the only true Bond: Sir Sean Connery
04-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
As nice as a KP with a 60-260 is, for me it places the fellow in the category of talented amateur. A real pro would be packing a K1 with battery grip and a 70-200 f/2.8.
The KP with a grip would be a bit more pro but the K-1 with a 70-200 would have less reach and lower frame rates and buffer depth than the KP - It really depends on where they were relative to the action as to which combo would make more sense. With panning a blurred background is going to happen with both and the KP has excellent output. I'd personally rather we had the K-3ii replacement for dual slots for a pro assignment but your buffer rates suffer with dual cards anyway.
12-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
Just finished watching the F1 Bahrain GP. As I'm watching the end of the race they show the shot of the photojournalists and I spot a gold DA* emblem and a gold ring on a lens! I looked closer and saw PENTAX on the front of the camera! I always look to see what gear is being used and this is a first for Pentax. I paused it and took these pics with my cell phone. Not the best, but to me the camera looks like a KP and the lens a DA*60-250? The experts will know for sure. And, of course, a shot of the wise gentleman who chose Pentax

Well you could have spotted one in the Belgian Grand Prix also as I was there with the K3 and K5.

You could also have spotted me at Montecarlo F1 GP at the F2 races for example, or the Porsche series.

---------- Post added 12-23-18 at 04:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
As nice as a KP with a 60-260 is, for me it places the fellow in the category of talented amateur. A real pro would be packing a K1 with battery grip and a 70-200 f/2.8.
Not at all for sports. That is too slow!

01-02-2019, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

You really can't see my K3 there but this blue hat guy (me) is shooting with a beautiful K3 Silver