Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2018, 02:20 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax spotted at Bahrain Grand Prix!

Just finished watching the F1 Bahrain GP. As I'm watching the end of the race they show the shot of the photojournalists and I spot a gold DA* emblem and a gold ring on a lens! I looked closer and saw PENTAX on the front of the camera! I always look to see what gear is being used and this is a first for Pentax. I paused it and took these pics with my cell phone. Not the best, but to me the camera looks like a KP and the lens a DA*60-250? The experts will know for sure. And, of course, a shot of the wise gentleman who chose Pentax

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 

Last edited by a5m; 04-08-2018 at 02:53 PM.
04-08-2018, 03:20 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Are these photographers... professionals.... or...more along the lines of....' talented amateur'...as Mrs. Peel in the '60's TV show ...The Avengers....used to describer herself ?

The character of Mrs. Peel was ably played by English actress, Diana Rigg. The character of John Steed was well played by Patrick Macnee. The show was wonderful. I realize, I have digressed somewhat.
04-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Are these photographers... professionals.
No grip,does that answer the Q?

---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 10:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
photojournalists
YES, one with Pentax and one with Phone(looks like a $$$ony!).
04-08-2018, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty cool, and don't know how I missed that since I was riveted to the race.

04-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That hood looks like the DA* 60-250, the tripod collar ring at the back of the lens makes it clearer that it is likely the 60-250. I don't know the KP as well so I can't tell if that's the body or not.
04-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #6
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The character of Mrs. Peel was ably played by English actress, Diana Rigg. The character of John Steed was well played by Patrick Macnee
How to forget that beautiful series "The Avengers" I think I saw the series in black and white and color, John Steed very nice, Emma Peel wonderful ..., in Italy was broadcast under the title, "Agente speciale".

For detailed information follow the links below:

John Steed (Patrick Macnee)

Emma Peel (Diana Rigg)

In the following series Emma Peel was replaced by Tara King (Linda Thorson)

Last edited by maw; 04-09-2018 at 02:55 PM.
04-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #7
CDW
Site Supporter

Diana Rigg plays the Duchess of Buccleuch in the Masterpiece series VICTORIA on PBS. Although showing her age, she is still as snippy as ever.

04-08-2018, 07:36 PM   #8
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CDW Quote
Diana Rigg plays the Duchess of Buccleuch in the Masterpiece series VICTORIA on PBS. Although showing her age, she is still as snippy as ever.
I own the DVD of a film she starred in "Evil Under the Sun", also with Peter Ustinov, Jane Birkin, James Mason, etc. based on a novel by Agatha Christie. Anyway it's a nice Hammer series if I remember correctly. However, only a few people can boast of having been old, beautiful or rich and even less intelligent.
04-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
More obviously these days, she was Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones.

04-08-2018, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In continental Europe, The Avengers was also known as variations on ‘Bowler Hat and Leather Boots’ ...
04-09-2018, 12:52 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Judging by the horrified look on the photographer's face in the third shot, I guess he's only just noticed the new baby stroller safety bars on the cars. After watching Formula 1 since the early seventies, this year I switched off after the first few laps of qualifying in the first race and won't be watching again.
04-09-2018, 01:20 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Judging by the horrified look on the photographer's face in the third shot, I guess he's only just noticed the new baby stroller safety bars on the cars. After watching Formula 1 since the early seventies, this year I switched off after the first few laps of qualifying in the first race and won't be watching again.
It's for the safe! Next there will be all the drivers in a big room that remotely drive their cars. More future step will be: all the computer engineers in a big room, they will implement wonderful autopilot algorithms and at the end they will press a red "RUN" button and the cars will start to race.

Last edited by Andrea K; 04-09-2018 at 05:16 AM.
04-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian

As nice as a KP with a 60-260 is, for me it places the fellow in the category of talented amateur. A real pro would be packing a K1 with battery grip and a 70-200 f/2.8.
04-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

not sure how it happened

but I am very happy for any reference to Mrs. Peel

Dame Diana Rigg was a long time host for PBS's Mystery and a co star in a Dr. Who episode

"Doctor Who" The Crimson Horror (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb

among very many other appearances on tv and movies
04-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
How to forget that beautiful series "The Avengers" I think I saw the series in black and white and color, John Steed very nice, Emma Peel wonderful ..., in Italy was broadcast under the title, "Agente speciale".

For detailed information follow the links below:

John Steed (Patrick Macnee)

Emma Peel (Diana Rigg)

In the following series Emma Peel was replaced by Tara King (Linda Thorson)

And she was preceded in the show by Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale, who left to take the role of Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.