Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2018, 08:11 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Oh yeah...like I called out...REALLY how many times do we need to know OREOs are part of the plot line!

The burning question, of course, is whether they ate them all.

Steve

04-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

But it is TV so you shut off reality and just watch the show. My wife is hooked on it, and one of the secrets to a long marriage (41 plus years) is knowing when to keep your mouth shut.
Well its been 12 years. And I have not learnt to shut up. And I should have shut up last night. I did promise myself I will shut up. I just dont know why I what happened.

15 minutes later I was cursing myself thinking - "All you had to do was keep quiet, shut up and listen. Is that so hard to do?"

Once again a man trying to solve a problem. Is that what they call mansplaining. Anyway I apologized this morning.

Culture.
04-16-2018, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, we watched episodes 4 and 5 last night. So many plot holes it was really hard to watch. But it was probably better than watching the monthly annual Country Music Awards show.
04-16-2018, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well, we watched episodes 4 and 5 last night. So many plot holes it was really hard to watch. But it was probably better than watching the monthly annual Country Music Awards show.
Put 'em together - the original series became so camp that Will, Smith and the robot could have done a hoedown!

04-16-2018, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks for the reminder. I have been waiting for this. The original series was lame, but the trailer for this one looks like a completely different beast.

Good catch, BTW

Steve

The original series was brilliant...

...if you were seven.

Rick “who was seven” Denney
04-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Good eye. I watched a couple of episodes last night but didn't catch it.
I'm watching the series also. Missed this one but I am still looking.
04-16-2018, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Put 'em together - the original series became so camp that Will, Smith and the robot could have done a hoedown!
Season three?

Steve

04-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Don't like the incredible lapses in scientific/technical fact (e.g. I have used a "cable saw" and no, one does not saw halfway through a 10" log in 30 seconds...also, magnesium and ice do nothing more together than magnesium and water...probably less, to be truthful...assuming one might actually find a vein of native magnesium metal)
Assumes 'Wood' on that planet cuts like wood here, but it's an alien world.
The Magnesium thing, is implying that when something burns hot enough, water breaks down in to components, and releases the Oxygen to add fuel to the fire, like the Aluminium Oxide used in Thermite.
07-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #24

Depends to whom he is referring Will took his device made by Ricoh. But he took their (meaning Ricoh’s) product.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

Off topic, but I finally plucked up enough courage to ask someone.

Over the last few years I have been reading this sort of gramar more and more and it seems it is becomming the new norm.

Will Robinson took "their" Ricoh... should this not be took "his" Ricoh... and if Will Robinson is female "her" Ricoh ? Please don't be offended, I just need to find out.

Regards
07-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rwhynacht Quote
But he took their (meaning Ricoh’s) product.
No, this puts ownership into Ricoh's name. Ricoh's camera was bought by a consumer, (Will Robinson, the current owner) therefore Ricoh is not the owner anymore. Unless Ricoh sold the camera on credit in which case ownership remains with Ricoh untill the camera is fully paid in clear funds. (Usual trading terms)

But if the following is stated: Ricoh and Pentax have a problem, their cameras are all faulty. This would be correct.

(Only grammatically though because factually they are not all faulty.)

My complaint centers around statements I read in newspapers more and more which goes like this:
A man was in an accident and he lost their arm. (or ...had to have their arm amputated) Look out for it, you will see grammar like this a lot.
Here in this case the gender is known therefore it should read ...lost his arm or had his arm amputated. The statement of “a man” is singular. Had it been the case of “several men” in an accident then “their” would be correct if in fact all of them had their arms amputated. If only one man of several had to have an arm (or two) amputated then the grammar and sentence construction changes again.

I think gramar is not tought in schools anymore these days. In a world of smartphones and Twitter Inc. grammar is not cool. (Mr.Trump, come and see me after class)

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 07-10-2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
07-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I watched the first episode...barely. It was painful to make it through the whole thing. I'm done. I guess I'll never see the Ricoh product placement in-show, because I'd rather pull my teeth than watch another episode.
07-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
The original series was brilliant...

...if you were seven.

Rick “who was seven” Denney
Yeah I watched it to as a kid, but like Batman it was a bit too corny sometimes.

Star Trek however was the series I really liked, as well as Combat, Avengers, Time Tunnel, Man From U.N.C.L.E, Mission Impossible.................................

Phil.
07-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #28

Thanks for the reminder. I have been waiting for this. The original series was lame, but the trailer for this one looks like a completely different beast.

Good catch, BTW

Steve
Missed it but I have finished the first season and hope to catch it again