Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
just last night I went walking the strip here in Vegas and decided to just take my A50mm f1:1.4, and A28mm f1:2.8, on a K5, and somewhere while changing lenses I managed to accidentally disengage the "A" setting on the lenses, resulting in underexposed shots, however I discovered the issue halfway in the walk and managed to get some good shots anyways. Also learned it is very hard acquiring focus in dark conditions with manual focus....

05-27-2018, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

I'll confess to thinking my camera is dead when reviewing photos in portrait orientation while wearing polarized sunglasses. Every. Single. Time.
05-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I shot an entire 36 exposures worth of film, and realized that none of it was exposed when rewinding.
05-27-2018, 07:27 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Not being passionate with my "Ladies" enough.

A Scottish Mormon - who would have thought !

06-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #50

My "mentor" says I got talent, my wife says it also. Still I haven't upgraded my K-r and I go out to shoot about twice a month...
06-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeaderOfThePack Quote
My "mentor" says I got talent, my wife says it also. Still I haven't upgraded my K-r and I go out to shoot about twice a month...
The K-r is probably not hindering anything, but only going out every couple weeks probably is I do go out more than that, but still not nearly as much as I should (my desire is to take pictures daily but I can't seem to make it happen). And I think that's just one point to my broader confession, that there's so much I know I should do that would improve me as a photographer:
- Taking pictures daily
- Always having a camera with me
- Shooting film regularly, especially B&W
- Sticking to one lens for a few months or a year, and really learning that field of view
- Venturing more into street photography
- Slowing down a bit - taking less pictures while spending more time on each one

Yet somehow when I go out I manage to keep doing the same things over and over, and end up with just a bunch of flower pictures
Oh well, at least I'm having fun and disconnecting from the "real world" for a few minutes.