Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll have to check some of these out. Thx for posting.

08-05-2019, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Time to update this thread
Thanks
08-05-2019, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This one is an edukashun:
09-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I recently came across this guy. Completely different style (not for everyone, and only watch if the kids aren't around (language)).
This is no holds barred, take no prisoners photography vlogging. IT's not about the gear, it's about everything else.
He's also not afraid to just wake up and start videoing his attempts to get new clients by just picking a business sector (Barber shop, Car dealership, whatever he thinks of) and going straight door to door.
It's high energy, very entertaining and does have great insight.
North Borders

09-20-2019, 12:05 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sean Tucker - very personable and I like the way he delves into the photographer's mind (his) when he does a topic
Irene Rudnyk - Nice portraits and somehow an approach to editing (or presenting the editing) that I can pick up on quite easily; Also quite nice that she almost does not emphasize/talk much about equipment
Serge Ramelli - Again somehow I can pick up his editing
Mattias Burling - Prefer his toned down approach to the OTT types like Jared Polin. Also like the way he appreciates all cameras/lenses and its always about how the photographer uses it to the best of his ability
09-20-2019, 12:17 AM - 1 Like   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Sean Tucker - very personable and I like the way he delves into the photographer's mind (his) when he does a topic

Irene Rudnyk - Nice portraits and somehow an approach to editing (or presenting the editing) that I can pick up on quite easily; Also quite nice that she almost does not emphasize/talk much about equipment

Serge Ramelli - Again somehow I can pick up his editing

Mattias Burling - Prefer his toned down approach to the OTT types like Jared Polin. Also like the way he appreciates all cameras/lenses and its always about how the photographer uses it to the best of his ability
Yes, Sean Tucker's one of the few I can watch without vomiting.

I'm impressed how clearly he speaks and his candour about his personal struggles.

Perhaps he's a Fan Ho wannabe but that's no bad thing.

09-27-2019, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #52
Banned

Thomas Heaton is my favorite channel for learning photography on YouTube.

10-11-2019, 04:34 PM - 3 Likes   #53
Pentaxian

If you want something fun and informative, though highly opinionated and quite Canadian, Camera Conspiracies is my current favourite. In his quest for the perfect vlogging camera he trashes pretty much everything and it's hilarious. Not much mention of Pentax since in his view Pentax just doesn't do video.
Camera Conspiracies - YouTube

For a more serious photographic channel I quite enjoy Ewan Dunsmuir who shoots with a 645Z. I like his style and the low key, very real feel of his videos.
Ewan Dunsmuir Images - YouTube
11-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #54
Forum Member

Found a new Michael Kenna interview:

I really like this Adrian's channel AOWS and his photography:
aows - YouTube
12-05-2019, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

I've picked up quite a bit from Mike Browne over the years, I guess he was one of the influences that started me looking at macro because he demonstrated how easy it was. Then again I've caught a few sessions with James Popsys recently has he's got some interesting points to make.

I guess both these guys have great ays of talking, they can describe a technique or an observation without making it sound as if you absolutely must thing the same way or you are thick as two short planks. A few of the channels I've seen are either too happy and bouncy and the whole thing is scripted to death, or it's a major class in art and the camera is just an accessory. Mike and James don't do that, they are humans who just love talking about photography.

There were two guys from Hong Kong I think who did some good stuff, but I've lost the names now.
01-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Your Favorite YouTube Photography Chanels

Hi.
i will share my favorites channels . i'm really enjoying to watching them , and i learn from them .
David Hancock channel has the best K3 review , he actually made 6 parts . most detail review i ever watch .
please share your channels with us .

David Hancock - YouTube
Bayou Josh - YouTube
The Photographic Eye - YouTube
Nick Carver - YouTube
01-20-2022, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have two other threads about this:

Recommended YouTube Channels for Photography - PentaxForums.com

What are your favourite YouTube photography channels? - PentaxForums.com

Perhaps one of the mods might be inclined to merge them into this thread.
01-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
i will share my favorites channels
Thank you for sharing. They are all excellent, unique and informative.
05-07-2023, 03:23 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is something quite interesting, a documentary on an ancient language found in Linear B text