Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
here:

landscapes are easy. dont need that many shots. but portraits would be different

again, that is NOT my shot. this shot used about 104 images...or so they claim?

04-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I agree that 30 seems an unusually large number, but 3-5 often isn't enough. The aim isn't necessarily to use the fewest number of images to capture the scene. People often use many shots for Brenizer panos (as the OP is doing), or for a very wide scene. And if you are using a telephoto lens, more shots will be required to cover a particular field of view. Telephotos lenses can give an interesting compressed effect, and using more shots can give more detail.

For this one, I used 14 images taken with the K-3 and FA*300mm f4.5. Maybe I could have done it with fewer, but not a lot fewer.

For this one, I used 15 images with the K-S2 and D FA 100mm f2.8 Macro WR. Probably some redundancy, but it doesn't matter. I was happy with the result.

This one was based on 10 vertical images with the K-3 and FA 77 Ltd. More images, more detail.
Thanks for clarifying. I agree using telephoto lenses for pano would require more shots. I used the DA70 with nice results. Stitching in ICE or Lightroom, but as said havent pushed it to the numbers you did 😊Cool bokeh effects. Also will try my 300mm

---------- Post added 04-27-18 at 08:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
to use brenizer effect, or the bokeh panorama.

ie, if i'm using a 77mm for portrait for head and shoulder, and i want to include the background, then i stitch several pics around the subject to include in the image.

so make a 77mm capture what a 24 mm or something would be able to see, but the subject separation is that of the 77mm

case in point:
bokeh panorama | 104 images | Selman Parlak | Flickr

this is NOT MY SHOT! it was made up of over 100 shots. based on the blur, i'd assume the photographer used an 85mm? and they stitched a total of 104 shots
Thanks for clarifying. I mostly used my DA15 (stopped down) for panos which has very little
little distortion and needs only a limited number of shots. But telephoto/macro lenses may give sharper/different results.
05-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I've shot 30-50 photos and stitched them in ICE in maybe an hour or 2 using raws. If you want to do it faster you either need a better computer, use less files or use jpeg (or all 3).
Just like with rendering a movie there's no easy way around downtime.
05-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
my computer worked fine up until the stitches took place.
Not sure if you saw my previous question: Specs of computer?

05-03-2018, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I agree that 30 seems an unusually large number, but 3-5 often isn't enough. The aim isn't necessarily to use the fewest number of images to capture the scene. People often use many shots for Brenizer panos (as the OP is doing), or for a very wide scene. And if you are using a telephoto lens, more shots will be required to cover a particular field of view. Telephotos lenses can give an interesting compressed effect, and using more shots can give more detail.

For this one, I used 14 images taken with the K-3 and FA*300mm f4.5. Maybe I could have done it with fewer, but not a lot fewer.

For this one, I used 15 images with the K-S2 and D FA 100mm f2.8 Macro WR. Probably some redundancy, but it doesn't matter. I was happy with the result.

This one was based on 10 vertical images with the K-3 and FA 77 Ltd. More images, more detail.
Love that last one!
05-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #21
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Love that last one!
Thanks Charlie.
05-03-2018, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would process and convert images to jpeg (you always have the RAW files for future use). Another shout out for Microsoft ICE (google it) it is free and a great program. Next best imho is Lightroom / Adobe.
My process is to make a small copy of the images first, say 800px, experiment with that and when I am happy, make larger copies to make my print file.