04-27-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the stormtrooper)
04-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sad to say but it isn't either one. The coffee was too strong. He had the gitters and lacked the sense to have a backup plan when his VR lens was overwhelmed by his hands shaking.

04-27-2018, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
It's the stormtrooper)
Are you sure it's not "Rebel scum"?
04-27-2018, 11:45 PM - 8 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

These are not the wedding memories you are looking for...
04-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha, love the Stormtrooper post!

On a more serious note, I've seen it happen, more than once: easily double or three times more expensive gear than my humble Pentax APS-C stuff, yet rather mediocre wedding images!

Gear does matter, but if the photographer doesn't know or care what they're doing, not the most expensive gear in the world will save them.

04-28-2018, 06:42 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's the dark lenses on those helmets, very difficult to see out from inside. That's why the troopers are such lousy shots when firing at the good guys. Leia, Han and Luke are escaping the death star in the first movie. Scores of blaster shots go zooming down the prison block hallway and not one of them even nicks the clothing of our heroes. Man those troopers are going to be doing a lot of pushups and KP.

BTW: Standard retort since who-knows-when if a pro was asked what lens was used to obtain a stunning image: "The bottom of a Coke bottle."
04-28-2018, 07:11 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
It's the dark lenses on those helmets, very difficult to see out from inside. That's why the troopers are such lousy shots when firing at the good guys. Leia, Han and Luke are escaping the death star in the first movie. Scores of blaster shots go zooming down the prison block hallway and not one of them even nicks the clothing of our heroes. Man those troopers are going to be doing a lot of pushups and KP.
I once counted Jack Bauer on 24 take out 40 bad guys with machine guns with a hand gun, a few minutes after a steel bar went right through his leg during an airplane crash which of course he survived. By the end of 24 I was cheering for the bad guys to just kill Jack. 'Come on, just kill him, I know what's going to happen, you're going to talk and talk and talk and then he's going to kill you. Just do it now, save us the monologues and just kill him. Walking out of the room an leaving your sidekick to kill him doesn't work. There is no logical reason you should talk to him at all, he's going to be dead if you shoot him. He won't remember anything you said anyway."

Bad guys who talk too much seems to be a fall back for un-imaginitaive writers.
04-28-2018, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I once counted Jack Bauer on 24 take out 40 bad guys with machine guns with a hand gun, a few minutes after a steel bar went right through his leg during an airplane crash which of course he survived. By the end of 24 I was cheering for the bad guys to just kill Jack. 'Come on, just kill him, I know what's going to happen, you're going to talk and talk and talk and then he's going to kill you. Just do it now, save us the monologues and just kill him. Walking out of the room an leaving your sidekick to kill him doesn't work. There is no logical reason you should talk to him at all, he's going to be dead if you shoot him. He won't remember anything you said anyway."

Bad guys who talk too much seems to be a fall back for un-imaginitaive writers.
Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: Midday w/ Jennifer Hicks - NBC.com
"Just kill him!"
04-28-2018, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's what's appealing about the first Indiana Jones movie, when he faced with the fellow in black with a huge sword, he just yanks out his pistol and kills him. Don't diddle around - - be direct.

Another thing I dislike about many good-guy-vs-bad-guy movies, no matter how many people in the finale are running this way and that shooting with all manner of weapons, the main good guy always finds & faces off against the main bad guy, the latter loses, the hero gets a bloody nose (maybe) and at that very moment all the other secondary bad guys are either wiped out or give up. It spoiled Avatar for me. As soon as the super-tough. super-strong military character was introduced way at the beginning of the movie, I knew that at the end of the movie, he and the hero would fight to the death. Too transparent. If only I had a fiver for every movie that ended that way.
04-28-2018, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

That's what's appealing about the first Indiana Jones movie, when he faced with the fellow in black with a huge sword, he just yanks out his pistol and kills him. Don't diddle around - - be direct.

Another thing I dislike about many good-guy-vs-bad-guy movies, no matter how many people in the finale are running this way and that shooting with all manner of weapons, the main good guy always finds & faces off against the main bad guy, the latter loses, the hero gets a bloody nose (maybe) and at that very moment all the other secondary bad guys are either wiped out or give up. It spoiled Avatar for me. As soon as the super-tough. super-strong military character was introduced way at the beginning of the movie, I knew that at the end of the movie, he and the hero would fight to the death. Too transparent. If only I had a fiver for every movie that ended that way.
I've always thought, Indiana Jones movies and most Harrospn Ford movies (excluding Star Wars) often have more believable plots. If he does something I think "That's what I would have done." I hate plot twists where someone does something totally illogical, just to keep the plot going. I don't know, maybe it's just personal bias. Maybe I just like that little scrunched up face he makes when something un-expecetd happens.
04-28-2018, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

The funny thing about that scene was that Harrison Ford was feeling poorly from some severe intestinal distress and they kept requiring re-takes of the shot where he was supposed to use his bullwhip to disarm the other actor, then due to illness, he just got fed up and , "Pow" movie history is made.
04-28-2018, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Move along, these are not the photographers your looking for"
04-28-2018, 05:37 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Veteran Member

But the Canon made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.